View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
making lekku! 

Unread post making lekku!
I wanted to try my hand at making my lekku out of latex and wanted to know if it is ok to use regular Halloween liquid latex? Or is there an alternative material?

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:31 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: making lekku!
In one sense, latex is latex is latex... you can make lots of different things using lots of different brands of latex with a bit of patience and determination. In general, though, I've found that the latex sold in the costuming stores tends to be pretty watery and not as durable over the long term. You'll get much better results with latex that is actually made for casting things. This is the brand that I prefer to use:

http://www.monstermakers.com/product/RD ... Props.html

Pam :-)

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Unread post Re: making lekku!
Twi'lek Pam wrote:
In one sense, latex is latex is latex... you can make lots of different things using lots of different brands of latex with a bit of patience and determination. In general, though, I've found that the latex sold in the costuming stores tends to be pretty watery and not as durable over the long term. You'll get much better results with latex that is actually made for casting things. This is the brand that I prefer to use:

http://www.monstermakers.com/product/RD ... Props.html

Pam :-)

thank you so much for replying!

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]