View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Quilt batting and nylon Lekku? 

Unread post Quilt batting and nylon Lekku?
Hello! I am new and found this place while doing research for my Twi'lek Sith Halloween costume.
I am doing an original character and am planning on building my lekku out of layered quilt batting with nylon stockings for "skin" I'm curious if anyone has tried anything like this? I have made padded bodysuits with a similar technique. I plan on using matching nylons for my legs (it is my first body painting experience so I am spamming my nylon idea)
This is my first twi'lek costume, so I am very excited to put it together!
If anyone is interested, I will post pictures of my lekku as I build them. I haven't started yet, as I must make a head form still! I can take some pictures of my costume design as well, if anyone is interested :)
I would appreciate any feedback you might care to give.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:28 am
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: Quilt batting and nylon Lekku?
I think I will try shibori and ombre dyeing on the nylons to get a striped effect. I really want striped markings, but I don't want to hand paint them. I ventured down that dusty road with a doll once and I was at it for ages!

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

Okay so I have been having issues with the skullcap base and the lekku themselves are a bit too floppy at the top curve. I will savage a coat hanger, draft a proper pattern for the skull cap and report back. On a good note my four pairs of nylons and my makeup arrived in the mail so I can start dyeing the nylons soon. I have been working on some comissions lately so my costume hasn't been my highest priority even though I'm dying to work on it!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:55 pm
Profile WWW

hey! Been a while but I was thinking about costumes and realized I never put up more pictures.
My costume was unfortunately not finished for Halloween but I still wore it. I had to sew myself in and my lekku were held together with a bobby pin! I plan to finish it someday I had so many nice details planned... anyhow here are the uncovered lekku. I'll get shots of them covered and the costume soon
My files are too big right now! Will have to fix and add later!

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]