View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Painting the Latex Lekku 

Unread post Painting the Latex Lekku
After careful research about bodypaints and all that jazz, I decided to go with Reel Creations. People say it stays on well with the latex (and your body) and lasts for a while.

I decided to go for the RC body ink Vein, it has a blue and green look to it and I think it'll work great. But I will experiment of course.

So for using Reel Creations on the Lekku, do I need to add any thinners to it or should I just use it straight from the bottle?
And use their Real Seal spray to hold it?

Thank you

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:16 am

Unread post Re: Painting the Latex Lekku
I spray it straight from the bottle, and it works great. Just make sure to shake it up a lot and stir up the gunk on the bottom first. I've found that with just a light shaking the colors look off.

And Vein is a very pretty color ^.^

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:05 am

I thought Vein would go well for Aayla. I've seen some girls use it and it changed from blue to green in the lighting and I thought it was amazing.
Should I use a sealer after airbrushing the lekku?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:07 am

Do you have any pictures of the color vein airbrushed? I've been dying to see what it looked like, and to see if it would work well with Aayla! I was going to mix a bunch of colors for a right Aayla color, but if Vein is perfect, then I could save quite a few bucks. :)

Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:40 am

I haven't been on in a long while because of school. I could still upload a picture if you'd like. I believe Vein is an absolute beautiful color for Aayla if you want it to be not too green and not too blue.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:27 am

Yes, I would still love to see a picture! Thank you! :)

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:11 am

Here you go!! :D

This is the lekku with outside lighting, sorry its kind of small. 8-)
Attachment:
image (1).jpg

And indoor lighting
Attachment:
IMG_0485.JPG

its hard to see a difference, but outside its definitely more blue and inside you can see the green. But i think its a lovely color for Aayla!

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Oh wow, that's a gorgeous color! Do you have any pictures with the paint on skin, or anything? I heard inks can be slightly different on skin! If not, that's okay. ^^ Thank you for the pictures, they're really helpful. :D

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Unfortunately i do not!! The first time i airbrushed this onto it, i messed it up really really bad. I had no idea what i was doing!!! Such airbrush noob!! :lol: but then i took it all off and redid it. I used the airbrush on its highest setting, letting out more paint with more air allowing it to cover a lot of space and make it blend well and all one color. I will also mention that I got two of the large color pots and i cut that up with a knife and let it develop in 92% (or more) alcohol. :D if you want to know anything else, just ask ^_^

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]