View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Web Hosting Fees 
Site Admin

Unread post Web Hosting Fees
Hi everyone,

This weekend Scott and I renewed our web hosting and domain accounts. We generally pay this ourselves, obviously, but now that I'm hosting this forum, I thought I'd try being frugal and ask for a bit of help. The hosting/domain are $145 per year, and we renewed for two years, to the tune of $290. (Seriously, web host people? It's not like we're taking up THAT much space on your server!) I figure about half of our web space usage is taken up by my costume website, and the other half is used by the Twi'lek forum and the Twi'lek reference gallery... so I'm blaming half the expense on our Twi'lek costuming addiction! (But some addictions are sooooo worth every single penny!)

Anyway, if anyone thinks their time spent on the Twi'lek forum is worthy of a few dollars donation to the web host, the help would be greatly appreciated. I do mean just a few dollars, though. It's still my account and my responsiblity, so I'm not trying to get out of paying the piper my fair share!

If you're interested in helping out a little bit, please shoot me a PM. Thank you.

Pam :-)

Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:38 am
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Web Hosting Fees
I know you said "PM", but I'm bumping this.

You know, it would not be inappropriate to put up a PayPal link on the site so that we can just clicky. I love the clicky.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile WWW

I would also suggest doing this as a "sticky" or announcement or something so it doesn't get "lost".

Thanks for this great site, Pam. :)

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:24 am

agreed you do so much now im sure a few dollars wont go astray to help keep this place going !

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:22 am
Site Admin

Oh, boy. It was hard to convince myself to post the request in the first place... I wrote it a full week before I got up the nerve to actually put it online. Now you want me to get even braver and sticky it, too? Or make a paypal link? Okay... uhmm... is January good? I should be able to convince myself by then! :-D

I want to send out a huge Thank You to Cherissa, Tykina, and Karyn for your donations to help fund the forum's web hosting. I truly do appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 am
Site Admin

Hi,

Many thanks to Beth for her donation to help support the forum's hosting fees. It was a wonderful surprise!

Thanks again,

Sat May 11, 2013 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]