View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Recruited a twi'lek and released a mobile game! 

Unread post Recruited a twi'lek and released a mobile game!
Hi all! I've been pretty quiet on the boards lately while life's been pretty busy for me... So I thought I'd stop in and say hi! My mother-in-law has been envying the crowd reactions I get when dressing up as Aayla at our local 501st/Rebel Legion events, so she's decided to take the plunge and convert her custom jedi into a twi'lek jedi for special events! She got so tired of everyone always calling her "Obi-wan" or "Annakin". I've been helping her design her headwrap, pick out paints, etc and she should be ready to debut it as soon as her last bit of paints arrive. I sent her to Pam for one of her amazing lekku of course too ;) She'll be a purple twi'lek with a simple brown suede headband for now, but we'll be jazzing it up as finances and time allow. I've told her to come in and post progress pics, but she's been too embarrassed so far since she's a little uncomfortable with her body still... Don't worry, I'll keep after her!

On another front, I've been busy helping my husband with a little side project that's been a brand new venture for both of us. We've always been huge video game nerds and loved the idea of making one, but it's been a lot of trial and error trying to learn how to make one. Well, last week we finally released our very first game: Critter Caper, for the Android OS and iOS! It's nothing earth shattering or anything, but we think it's pretty cute and fun, and the learning process has been amazing. As an added bonus, we were shocked to win an award for our little game! It won a "5 star Reviewer's Choice" award on FileDir.com :D ! If any of you have an Android phone or tablet, you should check it out, its a game where you save cute critters from alien invaders :) :
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... itterCaper
iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/critter- ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Other than that it's been the usual life busyness with work and prop making... My husband and I's latest prop projects is that we are currently working on indestructible E-11 storm trooper blasters. Hehe. He got tired of his nice resin blaster getting broken every troop that he handed it over to a kid for a photo op, so we wanted something that was still relatively light so the kids could still hold it, but was durable enough to take the abuse, all while looking just as detailed as the original! Tough order, but we're getting really close to perfecting the process, and our first proto-type handled getting run over by a car with little worse for wear! The car and blaster both bounced :lol: You can check out our progress on that at our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/That-Hel ... 9736717122

That's all for now :) !

Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and other Sci/fi props & replicas at THGProps!

Last edited by Luananeko on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Unread post Re: Recruited a twi'lek and released an android game!
Update!

Finally got a pic of my mom and I together in our twi'lek outfits, along with my husband (crewman) and his brother (storm trooper):

Also, my husband managed to get our little indie mobile game available on iOS too, so you non-android users can enjoy :)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/critter- ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and other Sci/fi props & replicas at THGProps!

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]