View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Twilek pics 

Unread post Re: Twilek pics
So many fantastic twi'lek costumes! Great inspiration, I would love to make a custom design someday :)

I rushed a quick jedi costume for a con in 2008, so I went with a 'skin tone' (though it's more orange really) foundation. I wore the lekku with my femtrooper armor later that day too, for fun.

Image Image

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Dark jedi twi'lek. With lightsaber. And lightdagger. Muahaha.

Arena duty! Only, it's usually against kids. Not Vader. Or the two stormtroopers you can't see on the picture (they were there, I swear!)

I wanted alcohol based paint, but the man in the shop where I bought the paint wouldn't let me. "If you're not a professional, you'll just end up in the hospital! Take this water based cake make up in stead."
Me: "Will it smear and run when I fight in an arena against kids?"
He said: "Use this and this, then it won't." *hands me mysterious sealing agents*
Me: "You sure? I tend to get rather sweaty."
He: "Absolutely sure."
... right *head/desk*

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:27 am

You look great Dust, i love that head piece !

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:18 am
Site Moderator

Great costume, Dust, and yeah... those of us who do stunt and stage fighting need the alcohol paint. Take him the pictures and ask for your money back. I betcha he never gives you a hard time about the alcohol-based stuff again.

If he does give you a problem, post here and I'm sure we can arrange to send you what you need.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:56 pm
Profile WWW

Nice costume Dust!

I'm using water based paint - fortunately it wasn't too warm when I wore it in San Francisco. I'm sure mine will do the same thing if I get hot or wear it some place humid. :( I wonder why he said you'd end up in a hospital?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Maybe he thought she would would eat it :/

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 am

I'm going to be totally honest, I pretty much just ignore the advice of people in the costume shops most of the time anymore. I let one of them talk me into trying their make up for my lekku. . . .oh god it was horrible. I never went back and pretty actively told all my costuming/theater friends to avoid that store because they refused to sell me the Ben Nye stuff I was looking at. >_< I don't know what it is about people in those places. . .some of them are apparently helpful I've just yet to run across any.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

Really they refused to sell you Ben Nye :/

I never go to costume shops proffesional make up arists and theatre makeup joints are the way to go !

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:07 am

Yeah. They pretty much ignored me repeatedly pointing out that I was IN theater and had taken a make-up course and I knew what I wanted. . .. .but in the long run at least I have the right paint now. lol Hopefully at some point I'll actually have a picture of my own to contribute. ^-^ (Sorry for the slight thread hijack.)

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I brought it on our trip to Las Vegas last year, so I can't really go back to the store (it's a little far from Denmark). If I could, I would - if only to buy the real paint at least ;)

He said I would spray the alcohol paint in my eyes or inhale it, and that would send me to the hospital. Don't know why I would do that, though :P Silly people at costume shops, apparently, but at least you've got shops selling different types of paint. Here I've only found suppliers of snazaroo and kryolan cake make up.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next