View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Tie-On Headwrap 

Unread post Tie-On Headwrap
Hi guys, I've been working on re-vamping my custom cosplay and made a new headwrap based off Kulu's tutorials. I wanted to do something other than velcro though, I like to layer my wraps and add decorations, and I move the lekku around to different positions on my head throughout a day, so I wanted something that could be easily adjustable.

I thought about lacing the back corset-style, but then thought if I needed to loosed it up it would show where the lekku meets my hairline and I didn't want that.

So I sewed some D-rings onto either end and ran some cord through one side, then just kinda wrapped it around my head, looping it through the rings at the other end and back around until I was out of cord. Then I just tied a few knots, and viola! It fits pretty comfortably, I can loosen it up quite a bit if I need to, AND - no headache! I wore a thin, rectangular band (maybe about 1 1/2" wide) with a small square of velcro underneath for extra hold but it doesn't pull at my hairline like my other wrap, which is secured pretty tightly with big chunks of velcro. And it looks like something a smuggler could whip up of her own accord with just odds and ends laying around her ship :)

I also made a little "bracelet" for some bling, and figured out I can also clip big steampunk hairclips to the cord just for fun :)

I couldn't figure out how to get the pics in the post, so hopefully this link will work!!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101253415915217333592/albums/6103201916745766721

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Unread post Re: Tie-On Headwrap
That looks great, Meena! I love the details you added...the textures are awesome.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]