View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Cesi Eirriss Headwrap 

Unread post Cesi Eirriss Headwrap
I've decided to make Cesi Eirriss my first Twi'lek project since I already have an X-Wing pilot costume. Currently I'm looking for some advice on how to do her headwrap, specifically what type of fabric to use and more input on how to construct it?

From what I can tell in the photos I've seen the fabric looks more sturdy than the stuff that is used for the X-Wing pilot vests.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Unread post Re: Cesi Eirriss Headwrap
Cool!

From the source picture I saw, it looks like the headpiece is similar to the vest material so it matches. Could use white canvas maybe? A Rebel Pilot Guide says he used white nylon woven fabric. "I used a material from Joann Fabrics called sport nylon and you can usually find it in the area of the store where they have craft and utility fabrics."

http://www.alderaanbase.com/reference/x ... e/vest.php

As for pattern, I think it's one your going to have to do by experiment using your lekku as a dress form, if you have Pam's.

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah when I looked at some other photos close up it does appear to be the same material as the vest. Sport nylon is exactly what I used for my X-Wing vest.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:42 am

sorry if this is a bit late, but I am starting on a Cesi Headwrap, I have the first mock up pattern basically done, and if all goes well I will post how I made it.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]