View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
cheap & fast earbuds without latex 

Unread post cheap & fast earbuds without latex
Hey!

I was in need of golden earcones for my Celebration Europe outfit and didn't want to repaint my green ones from Pam.
This is what I did - it's easy, cheap and most important of all: I had all materials at hand!

1. I took a scrap piece of medium strength leather and cut it into a circle. (Actually, two - it's two earbuds)

2. I formed the circle to a cone (cutting a straight line to the circle's middle and then overlapping the sides). Fixed it with some tape and rounded the cone's top a little bit by adding some pressure. (In the last picture you can see the finished second earcone).
Image Image Image

3. I put 4 longer stripes of tape in 45° angles to each other over the cone. The tape started to overlap and formed little folds.
Image Image

4. I turned the endings of the tape to the inside and cut the cone's base into a circle that is a little bit bigger than the cone.
Image Image

I had no gold color at home, so I took some gold fabric, covered the cones with white glue and pressed the fabric over the cones. Done.
Image Image Image

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:12 am

Unread post Re: cheap & fast earbuds without latex
Thank you for this....I might try tomorrow...as I need my head wrap/earbuds for Saturday and I can't find anywhere!! So, I have a different head wrap I can use...but no earbuds, so I just might try this.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]