View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
headband symbol 

Unread post headband symbol
Does the symbol the these headbands mean anything? It sure does appear a lot for it not to.

any suggestions on how to make one? clay? making a mold?

ImageImageImage

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:38 am
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: headband symbol
Not a clue what it really represents, but if I use such an ornament I'll say it represents the goddess (twi'leks do have some goddess-worship mentioned here and there in EU).

I made my own headband ornament out of celluclay, shaped it while damp, then used various dremel bits to get in finer details and to get a beaten-metal texture. After that, I painted it in enamels and metallic fingernail polish.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:05 am
Profile WWW

Sculpey clay would also work well. It's pretty simple to use. I use it for just about everything lol. And it can be painted to look like antiqued metal.

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

I'm going to be making a silicone mold of the symbol to cast in resin and would really like all of your opinions on this. Would you say the symbol on Oola, the Gella twins and Trisha's Twi'lek are all the same size and sculpt (maybe with different colors and studs)? I'm trying to decide if they are close enough to make one generic mold or separate ones for each.

(Sorry if i hijacked this thread, but its relevant!)

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 am

I think they are all meant to be the same symbol and I dont see a very noticeable difference. So i dont see why you couldnt do a base mold for all of them, then change size/shape/number of studs as necessary

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:25 am

Thanks, that's what i thought personally. I figured the costume designers might use the same mold for each twi'lek who had that symbol on their wrap.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:16 pm

I personally think the medallion is a mark of slavery. First we see it on Oola, who belongs to Jabba. Then the Gella twins, who are Sebulba's slaves. And though Miela is called Orn Free Ta's 'aide', it's possible she was originally bought by him.
I can't think of anyone else who wears one at the moment....

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm not sure about the slavery, it's also on Xiaan Amersu's costume and she is a Jedi...

By the way, does anyone have a good picture of this symbol, i'ts pretty difficult to find a good source for it...

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 pm
Profile WWW

I've made them for our Ann & Tann Gella costume. First made a mold from clay (positive?!). Then cast it in plaster (negative?!) and then filled the negative with liquid latex. I've made it from latex so that it would be flexible and got the shape from your head. Cause I've heard that latex and metal cant go together.
Then I've painted it silver and used some black to get the shadow..
It isn't completely as it should be, at least the bottom part but I'm happy with it :)
http://everyoneweb.com/WA/DataFileselyon/anntanngella02.JPG

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]