View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
how do i get things to match? 

Unread post how do i get things to match?
silly me made my Lekku before gettting my Leotard for the reason mostly that i had the material and wanted to get it started.
I wont paint full body nor have the time so am going with a long sleeve leotard.
But now im frustrated none of my blues match, the Lekku, leotard and makeup.

what do you suggest to make them blend more together? I figure once i have the leather straps on the lekku it will offset enough to blend in.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: how do i get things to match?
separating it with the headwrap will definitely help. keep in mind that you can always mix paint and makeup colors until they match. Is there anyway you can dye your lekku or bodysuit? keep in mind I dont know anything about body suits and dont know how you made your lekku. If its too difficult to color your entire lekku you can try to paint or dye them to match at the base then fade to their current color towards the ends.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:49 pm

What are your lekku made of? If they're made of latex, there's a helpful thread here (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24) about changing the color of latex lekku.
There's also a thread here (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60) about matching the color of your paint and bodysuit.

I hope this helped :]

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:12 pm

My lekku are fabric.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile WWW

Can they be dyed lighter or darker to match your leotard? If they can't, can your leotard be dyed lighter/darker to match your lekku? Once you get those two to match, you can get the make-up to match them easily.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:08 pm
Site Moderator

You *can* spray paint (or sponge paint) fabric lekku with your makeup but be advised that it will all come off in the first wash. Can't be helped, sadly, and it will suck up a lot of the makeup (but if you get results you like, that's fine!).

The headwrap advice is so very true, it draws the eye. Another thing you can do is add decorations to the lekku such as spots, stripes, etc. as the color of them will break things up some. My lekku have a sunset fade from top to bottom, with me having used oranges and reds lightly over the yellow. I then added two colors and three sizes of spots so if for some reason I run out of Reel Creations and need to use my water-based yellow Mehron makeup, the eye and camera both will be fooled into thinking I have a color match. Pretty effective actually.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:45 am
Profile WWW

Due to laziness and lack of time I had this problem when I used my old Talon lekku with a new zentai bodysuit. Lekku were made of a medium red knit, zentai made of red lycra. Wearing the headpiece definitely helped tons though and it doesn't look as bad as imagined in pictures. Also the tattoos on Talon's lekku definitely draw the eye as well as Nara said.

I use acrylic paint mixed with water to make a sort of wash, rather than straight paint. This way you get a subtle shade change and it doesn't eat up as much paint. So if you just need to go a few shades lighter or darker, that might help to just give it a paint 'wash'. And use headpiece and lekku markings as well?

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm
Profile WWW

I ended up making pretty much another set of Lekku and stuffing the odd colored ones into.
The outside ones are not stretchy but match the leo perfect.
Im still having trouble with the head wrap so they will stay on. These things are so freaking heavy but i have to practice in them alot so i dont knock my self out swinging around my saber.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:10 am
Profile WWW

I made my first set way too heavy too. Take out all the stuffing and shred it up real good before putting it in. I ended up using 1/3 of what i had originally put in.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]