View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
The Dangers of Fashion Tape 

Unread post The Dangers of Fashion Tape
I have never had this reaction before. This happened after probably around 12 hours of being taped. (lol I just noticed that I got my SF Giants Troll in the pic). Does anyone know why this happened? Was it on too long? It was extremely painful to pull the tape off and both pieces were tender at first. I couldn't even have my clothing touch the one thats pictured. The other side was totally fine the next day but this one is still here but not nearly as tender. I have had tape on my skin before with no problems. The brand name is Fashion Fix.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:52 am

Unread post Re: The Dangers of Fashion Tape
Oh god did that blister the skin !

Looks like you, have had a allergic reaction to it ?

I have a similar issue certain things set my skin off in real bad blotches and pock marks, but it wont show up till the next day. Also looking at the picture closer it looks similar to a heat rash.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:57 am

It was blistered and scabby the next morning. Only one side had this severeof a reaction. Maybe this brand has something different in it. It was nice weather but not hot out.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 am

is it itchy? I have a devil of a time with adhesives on my skin, especially the chest area. It ends up looking and feeling like poison ivy.

Maybe the skin wasn't moisturized enough and it separated layers when you pulled it off? Or you may have been allergic to a chemical in the adhesive, which would likely also cause itching as well as the blistering. Keep putting antibiotic ointment on it and if it starts spreading take some benadryl or some other antihistimine. As for keeping it from happening in the future... try some different tape next time?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:04 pm

there is not itching or spreading. I may have been careless when I applied the tape or maybe this brand is just not for me :)

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 pm

It sounds like you just had some skin damage from peeling off the tape. Next time either use different tape or be very very careful peeling it off. take your time and moisterize as you peel if you ever have the same problem. I have a friend who had some severe tape burn issues from pulling the tape off too fast.

Anyway, just keep it clean, use some antibiotic ointment and it should heal up in a couple of days.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:00 pm

the damage was already done when the tape was still on. i could see it through the tape.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:29 pm
Site Moderator

Remember that we have tiny hairs all over, so next time you might want to shave (the night before so you don't effectively over-exfoliate) the area being taped, but yeah. Looks like what my husband calls a 'redneck waxing kit' reaction. (Redneck Waxing Kit: when you use duct tape to wax your legs.)

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

OUCH! That looks so painful. :(

LOL @ "Redneck waxing kit!"

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:59 am

one of my clients said that adhesives make her blister. She can't even wear bandaids. It doesn't hurt much anymore but I had to keep a hand over it when I showered because even the water hitting it was excruciating!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next