View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
How to keep your saber clean? 

Unread post How to keep your saber clean?
I've noticed yet another annoying aspect of body painted characters that don't wear gloves... For my fellow painted hand saber weilders, how do you clean off paint that rubs off from your hands onto your saber after a long day? I originally tried to use rubbing alcohol since that's what I use to clean myself up, but it seems to leave an icky white residue on the plastic parts of the saber hilt. Any suggestions on what's more saber-friendly? It's a little sad how blue my saber hilt is getting after trooping as Aayla for over a year now...

Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and other Sci/fi props & replicas at THGProps!

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Unread post Re: How to keep your saber clean?
What is your sabre hilt made from? If it is painted silver then you can clean like you have been then use rub 'n' buf to brighten the hilt again. Rub 'n' buff absolutely adores acrylic spray paint especially so you can get a really good silver surface. It also helps protect the hilt but I do find with my pvc hilt that I need to clean and buff every time. Those with metal hilts have it easier to clean!

Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:31 am
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: How to keep your saber clean?
It's an early version FX Saber, the ANH Luke Skywalker one... The silver part is cleaning pretty easily, its the black part that I'm having problems with. The black plastic part is getting this whitish residue all over it whenever I try to use the rubbing alcohol.

Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and other Sci/fi props & replicas at THGProps!

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]