View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Makeup (NOT paint) 

Unread post Makeup (NOT paint)
As a mermaid, I find it important to wear makeup that is not just waterproof and sweat proof, but also won't come off after 8 hours in the water (longest swim). As a Twi'lek, you still wear some makeup over the body paint. So, this is what I have found:

Makeup Forever Aqua Cream: several shades, can be used for eyeshadow, blush and lipstick. It can get a bit cakey if it's too cold, but it's basically a pot of creme makeup. You need good brushes to apply it, and if it's cold, you may have to hold it in your hands to warm it up. However, after 8 hours in the water, NOT A SINGLE SMUDGE on the eyes or cheeks! I don't like their lip shades, so I used something else instead.

Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes eyeliner: pencil eyeliner that STAYS.

Urban Decay Waterproof Eyeliner: More shades, but same staying power as Makeup Forever

Lipstick: I use MAC Pro Longwear Lip Creme with a MAC Lip Pencil in a similar shade as a coating on my lips before I apply the lipstick. Man, that stuff does NOT come off!!!

In the water:

After 8 hours of training in the water, and eating lunch:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:58 pm
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Makeup (NOT paint)
Those images are teeny for me and loading the URL doesn't help. Are there larger versions somewhere?

Makeup Forever is amazing for waterproof (really really waterproof) makeup! Generally I find anything I layer on over the alcohol-based paint does stay on through combat sweat, but I admit I've never tried a swim.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 am
Profile WWW

I uploaded some to photobucket, since Facebook is now temperamental about sharing pics. LOL

After 8 hours of training:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:46 am

that is crazy awesome Kristal, why i have never heard of this sort of show i don't know but i like it !

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:57 am

Awww thank you! I grew up in Florida, and visited Weeki Wachee when I was 5 or so, the same year I saw Return of the Jedi with my mom! I have always wanted to be a mermaid and a Twi'Lek. If my neoprene/Alex Lekku turn out well, I might actually try to make a second pair for a mermaid Twi'Lek. :-)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]