View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
A concealer that works as a paint foundation! 

Unread post A concealer that works as a paint foundation!
I paint myself using water based paints and a sponge, I use the Ben Nye pots in a really light lavender. It's been hard getting the paint even and avoiding blotches ... I did a test run today using some concealer I'd bought that is pretty extreme, super thick, a little goes a loooooong way. I usually use it only on red spots and as an eyeshadow primer for my daily, being a regular human makeup, but today I spread it all over my face, decently thick, it's actually a little lighter than my skin color and I could tell where the line was. Blotted on some white paint that I had laying around and it went on amazingly! Smooth and even, I could even smear the bodypaint on with the sponge and not get lines. When I've done white before for day of the dead and some other things, it's taken a few coats to get a white that's bold and clean... the concealer allowed me to use ONE coat of white with just a few little touch ups around my nose.

So if you're having trouble with getting sponged-on paint nice and even, I'd say this is worth a try to see if it works for you, the concealer is called GlamOflauge, it's by Hard Candy, and it's $6.00 at Walmart :)

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Unread post Re: A concealer that works as a paint foundation!
Nice!! I use GlamOflauge for my human makeup as well. It's pretty hardcore and I've used it as a foundation for photo shoots before, but not for my twi'lek. Thanks for the info!

Wed May 01, 2013 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]