View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Nail color 
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Nail color
Yeah, it's amazing. If they'd come out with a way to do a sheer color (not sure that's possible at this time) I'd probably never buy bottle polish again.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

Okay, tried the glittery ones today - they should be able to do sheers and pearlescents if they use the same method, however, they're a little trickier to apply. Not anything major, just they seem softer and more flexible than the solid color and solid print strips. Still really nice results. I used to avoid glittery polish and topcoats cuz the glitter seems to catch on everything, but these are nice and smooth.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:09 pm
Profile WWW

I went on the Sally Hansen website and the colors they have listed are the ones i saw in store. After reading some reviews, AVON was mentioned having the same kind of product along with another brand (i cannot find the comment for the life of me now!). I love Sally products so unless they come out with more colors, i might start checking around elsewhere.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:00 pm
Site Moderator

I remember when Wet'n'Wild was one of the first companies to come out with 'wild' colors like purple, green and blue. Til then, we'd all been mixing our own into white pearl/frost nail polish using food color. It took a couple years before the other lines caught on, and about five or six before there was really much color selection outside the standard 'rose and rust' palette.

I'm really hoping they're not so slow with the strips. Thanks for the heads up on Avon, I'll keep my eyes open for any other brands.

EDIT: Incoco brand seems to have a lot more variety.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

Acquaintance comes to me and shows me her terribad nails, says something to the effect of how the strips are terrible. I examine her hands, then ask:

ME: Did you follow the instructions exactly? With the filing, the buffing, the nail polish remover before on bare nails before application?

HER: ...instructions?

---

Yeah. Turns out she still had some nail polish on.

This is why sometimes cosplayers and costumers cry when people ask us stuff.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2