View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Acima's Darth Talon 1.0 

Unread post Acima's Darth Talon 1.0
This was my frist Twi'lek costume.. and I think it turned out quite vell considering the time I had to make it, the extreme heat and my zero experience with bodypaint.

First off, I got my wonderfull lekku from the lovely Pam ^^ they fit my head pretty much perfect, so what was good. And seeing as I sometimes set my goals a little high, I was determet to make her arm and leg armor out of metal. Yes, I used bendt iron plates. The studds I sacrifised from an old belt, but sadle the straps didn't work that well, so ended up taking the armor off when I got to the con :/
I had planned on painting myself, but chose the bodysuit as I couldn't get alcohol based paint and lacked someone to paint me. And my lenses never got to me in time :(... Well, enugh talk, you wanna see pictures..

Closeup of my face.

At home, with armor.

And with some troopers from 501st ^^

Damn, lots of pictures :S... anyway.. the 2.0 version of this costume is in progress, painted more tattoos on the suit, fixed the straps for the armor, painted the armor in a more grey metal finish, gotten longer leather gloves.. and remaking the lekku longer as we speak (sorry, pam :( they are perfect, just not long enough for Talon).. oh and her top will be remade and new lenses and boots will soon come.

Whats the judgement?

Last edited by Acima on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Unread post Re: Acima's Darth Talon 1.0
i think this looks great! your armor is awesome I hope you can find a way to make it fit better :)

how are you making your lekku?

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Kulu wrote:
i think this looks great! your armor is awesome I hope you can find a way to make it fit better :)

how are you making your lekku?

Thank you^^ and it already does, will have new pictures of it up in oct.
I take Pams lekku, cut them up (the horror D: ), and use red vinyl to extend them.. and try to hide the seams with liquid latex. Hopefully it will work out :)

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:25 pm

i had a similar thought about butchering some of Pam's lekku so that I could keep the structure on top but attach a flexible one to one side to wrap around my neck while one of the original one hanging down the back. I am not that brave though, lol.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Kulu wrote:
i had a similar thought about butchering some of Pam's lekku so that I could keep the structure on top but attach a flexible one to one side to wrap around my neck while one of the original one hanging down the back. I am not that brave though, lol.

Can't belive I am :S it was scary cutting them, but my tests indicate it will turn out quite nice^^

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Looks great!! I was really curious to see a latex lekku without a headwrap. It looks great! I would be so scared to cut it up if i didn't make it myself!

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:01 am

This is a great costume! Your comment about getting a costume because the lack of someone to paint you made me really think about mine o.o I like your idea about extending the lekku. I'd be terrified to cut them, personally. I'm no surgeon D: Good luck with your Talon 2.0!

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:23 pm

You have a very pretty and elegant Darth Talon. :) This is a very difficult costume to pull off and that it is your first Twi'lek is doubly impressive! Looking forward to your 2.0!

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:58 pm
Profile WWW

Miss Magpi wrote:
Looks great!! I was really curious to see a latex lekku without a headwrap. It looks great! I would be so scared to cut it up if i didn't make it myself!

Thank you^^ I think it works fine without a headwrap. I vould love to hide the edge with latex, but it was so warm that day, and I didn't know if I could stand 6+ hrs without removing the lekku atleast once :/

CandyMonstar wrote:
This is a great costume! Your comment about getting a costume because the lack of someone to paint you made me really think about mine o.o I like your idea about extending the lekku. I'd be terrified to cut them, personally. I'm no surgeon D: Good luck with your Talon 2.0!

Thank you so much! I thnik for a charakter like Talon, who has all those tattoos a suit works out nicely. Hopefully the lekku will turn out fine, I will post pictures!

Darth Kyttee wrote:
You have a very pretty and elegant Darth Talon. :) This is a very difficult costume to pull off and that it is your first Twi'lek is doubly impressive! Looking forward to your 2.0!

Thank you, thats too kind^^ I will post pictures of the 2.0 version as soon as I'm done. Will debute it on okt 2. Can't wait! :)

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]