View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Acima's Darth Talon 2.0 ^^ FINISHED!! 

Unread post Re: Acima's Darth Talon 2.0 ^^ FINISHED!!
Nara Pel wrote:
Wow!

Hehe, I'll take that as a compliment ^^ Thank you.

Miss Magpi wrote:
Dont take this the wrong way... You have a great body!! You look amazing as Talon!!

*blushes* that's to kind. I was really afraid to look a little chubby in the costume, so thats very kind of you to say, thank you :)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:38 pm

You look just like her! Lekku came out awesome. Cannot see the neck seam of the bodysuit much at all, blends together very well. And the armor is fantastic. And ditto, you have perfect body for the costume. Wish I could have lost more weight for CV for my Talon but I am a fat American, lol. :) Congrats on the win also! Well deserved!

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:28 pm
Profile WWW

:o

Your costume is amazing! You totally deserve that contest win. . . wow :)

Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:35 am

Darth Kyttee wrote:
You look just like her! Lekku came out awesome. Cannot see the neck seam of the bodysuit much at all, blends together very well. And the armor is fantastic. And ditto, you have perfect body for the costume. Wish I could have lost more weight for CV for my Talon but I am a fat American, lol. :) Congrats on the win also! Well deserved!

Thank you ^^ I thought maybe my face didnæt really suit her that well, glad to see that it did a little atleast :)
The line showed up after a while when the paint rubbed off, men it was not very visible the first 3 hrs. I'm very proud of the armor for this. Maybe I'll make a sort of guide to make them someday ^^
*blushes a bit* I was a little scared my belly would look fat in the suit, so thank you very much ^^ And I saw your 2.0 Talon and you looked great! I really like the way you make those fabric lekku look so good!

Belladonna wrote:
:o Your costume is amazing! You totally deserve that contest win. . . wow :)

Aww, thank you :D It was so fun to win, and the people there loved my costume. I had a blast!

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Acima wrote:
Darth Kyttee wrote:

Thank you ^^ I thought maybe my face didnæt really suit her that well, glad to see that it did a little atleast :)
The line showed up after a while when the paint rubbed off, men it was not very visible the first 3 hrs. I'm very proud of the armor for this. Maybe I'll make a sort of guide to make them someday ^^
*blushes a bit* I was a little scared my belly would look fat in the suit, so thank you very much ^^ And I saw your 2.0 Talon and you looked great! I really like the way you make those fabric lekku look so good!

You're so skinny, how could you think your belly would be fat! lol

And thanks very much. :) No one commented on my Talon Version 2 post so I figured everyone thought mine was horrible. :*( lolz

Goopta mo bossa!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:49 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Kyttee wrote:
Acima wrote:
Darth Kyttee wrote:

You're so skinny, how could you think your belly would be fat! lol
And thanks very much. :) No one commented on my Talon Version 2 post so I figured everyone thought mine was horrible. :*( lolz

I'm sorry. I thought about answering you post, but I'm relly bad at actually doing so. I'm trying to be more active in this forum and other SW forums ^^

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 am

I posted this on the NG forum and well, why not post them here aswell.. more detailed pictures and description of the armor and belt!

The Belt:
Front

Back

It's made of a metal plate that was cut and bendt into shape. The riverets are made of studs from an old belt. The belt itself is just a normal leather belt I cut and glued on, and used velcro on the back plate to take it on and off. The straps are synthetic leather I glued together to get the right thinkness for them to sving nicely as I walk. Also having glued two layers together I get the leather look on both sides.

The Armor:

All of the armor layed out. Thigh and leg armor in the middle, and upper and under arm armor at the sides.

Closeup of the underarm armor, and part of my glove.

The armor for my upper arm. Showing the texture of the finish. I still need to add the lightsaber damage she has on her armor and then repaint them again.

The armor itself is also made of iron plates that was bendt into shape. I partly used a machine to do this, but had to do alot my hand to get the correct fit. It's a pain in the ass to do this. My hands smelled like iron for days.
And the straps are just think elastic bands glued on. Maked it easy to take on and off. Riverets are them same as the belt.

The Top:

It's fastened to the suit so I can jump around without worry :p (to some dismay maybe..)

Made from vinyl that had some of the same texture as the armor plates, formed to fit and painted. I used an elastic strap here aswell, but will remake it to suit Talon's more.

Hope it will answer some questions and maybe be og help to someone ^^

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:16 am

Wow! Iron?! Is it heavy? Is it hard to bend your arms and legs and maneuver? I know the leather I use is a little stiff at times but metal must really be. You just glued elastic straps to the armor and it stays glued pretty well? What kind of glue do you use for that? I think it looks fantastic and you did great work. It's going to be pretty cool when you do the lightsaber damage. :) Thanks for posting!

Goopta mo bossa!

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:26 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Kyttee wrote:
Wow! Iron?! Is it heavy? Is it hard to bend your arms and legs and maneuver? I know the leather I use is a little stiff at times but metal must really be. You just glued elastic straps to the armor and it stays glued pretty well? What kind of glue do you use for that? I think it looks fantastic and you did great work. It's going to be pretty cool when you do the lightsaber damage. :) Thanks for posting!

Hehe ^^ It does have some weight to it, but nothing that really bothers me. I'ts only the thigh parts that won't hold temselves up, so I added velcro to the backside and to the "stockings" to get them to stick. They held on perfectly all day long. Even after jumping around dancing for 2 hrs. And yeah, it's stiff, I guess it really feels like real armor. You can bang on my arms and legs pretty hard before it hurts :P For movements, I can manuvers pretty well. Bending my arm all the way is a no-go though. Legs work very well, hehe.

The glue stays on. I tried to rip it off the forearms (had to glue on new ones, the first straps were way to tight) and I struggles for 5 minutes on each strap.. ended up cutting most of them off, leaving the glued part stuck. I use a 2 component glue. Epoxcy (I think) it's called. Any glue where you have to mix to components together to make them react would work. but use a long drying time. mine took 4+ hrs. Gives you a little time to adjust, and the glue ends up stronger. That's what I used to make the riverest stick too.

Thank you so much ^^ I'm not looking for compliments when I post here, I just want to show other what I did (and you guys did want some sort of tortureal).. and maybe get some advise or tips.
Not really sure how I will get the damnage done. Maybe just slash into the metal itself and paint over it...

And for the happy news.. I'm going to try to paint myself and not use a suit. After a very nice compliment from Thomas Spanos and the other members from the Nordic Garrison, I though I'd atleast give it a try ^^ Might do an test tomorrow (without airbrush) to see how my body would look. How much I might need to tone. Maybe I'll post pictures here if it turns out allright. The other forums might give me dirrty comments :P here we are mostly females and don't think in those terms.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Maybe that sort of glue will help keep my elastic straps riveted to my leather armor better, rather than re-riveting it all... I could bend in my leather armor, but it did cut into my arm and gap when I did. So had wondered how you fared with the metal, I guess you have the same movement as C-3PO then, lol.

You should definitely paint your body if for no other reason to get your costume 501st approved! You deserve that much I think and then can wear the suit too, on cold days, lol. Mine was not approved because my body was not painted. Unfortunately I'd have to lose 30 pounds to be comfortable doing that, lol! But you're already there. :)

Goopta mo bossa!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next