View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Trio of Twi'lek Dancers! 

Unread post Re: Trio of Twi'lek Dancers!
Wow. I really love the bead work on the headdress. It's fantastic. :D

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:59 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'm just loving this concept, and seeing this coming together is fun to watch

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:15 am

I also like the headpiece and bead work. It really is cool to see the costume come together from beginning to end. It's such a cute and fun looking costume.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:58 pm

We have made a bunch of progress on them. Tabitha finally has finished her lekku and got the costume made. It's not perfect and maybe the colors are a little dark. The pictures are on Facebook and if I find the time, I'll post them on here.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Update! We have offically figured out how to make our lekku (and have twi'leked it up as jedi several times now :) ) so we are making our first debut as the trio this weekend at the Tucson Parade of Lights.

The costumes are slowly coming together :) . I've had to get more fabric and redo parts because we just weren't happy with them. I'm finally working on the Red Twi'lek's shirt and it was actually a ton easier then I thought it would be and it looks pretty good. I have to take in the waist and figure out something for the neck and hem it and it's done :) .

Sorry I don't have any pics of the current progress, but I do have some pics of our previous Twi'lek costumes :) .

This was my attempt at a Twi'lek dancer. Things that are changing: Adding LOTS more color. The skirt is the first thing changing and eventually there will be a brightly colored shirt as well. Still perfecting the paint :) . This picture was taken at Tucson Comic Con.

First time I did a Twi'lek Jedi. Those are my sister's lekku and they didn't fit me very well because of my very thick hair. Photo taken at Howleen at the Tucson Reid Park Zoo.

Most recent: Doing a jedi for the parade of lights in Serria Vista. Great fun. My hand is not painted because I wore gloves during the parade.

Miriam (who did the red twi'lek) wore the red lekku several times as a Jedi.

She is not wearing any special paint, it's just finger paint, with white face paint to protect her face. The neck scarf is to hide the flaky paint there. It looked pretty bad :P .

She also did a dancer for the Howleen at the Zoo thing too. She used parts of the white Twi'lek (previous page) and a few of her own things.

So that's our current progress :) . Will try to post pictures of the trio when we get them done :) .

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:49 am
Site Admin

Your costumes continue to evolve as much as the original pictures did.... I love it!

Thank you for sharing!

Pam :-)

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:06 am

Yeah it's amazing how things have changed from that original piece of artwork. I'm honestly looking forward to seeing how these all turn out :) .

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4