View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
SWG Twi'lek: K'vera Leann 

Unread post SWG Twi'lek: K'vera Leann
K’vera Leann was a Twi’lek character conceived in the MMO Star Wars Galaxies. She was a talented dancer and musician who led the band Talus Moon, and the original can be seen in the screenshot on the left.

The screenshot on the right is my own character (made green with a few clicks, if only it were so easy when costuming!) modelling the outfit I came up with for playing K’vera in “Temptation on Talus”, a roleplay murder mystery written by the original creator of the character. My costume direction was “as befitting a famous opera singer about to go on stage”. The corset top, skirt and gloves were all bought ready-made so I had as much time as possible (~ a month's notice) to work on the lekku.

Last edited by Lianna on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Unread post Re: SWG Twi'lek: K'vera Leann
This was my first ever costuming effort, and I loved it. I dusted off sewing skills I haven’t used in years and thoroughly enjoyed myself playing with latex for the first time and browsing through our local fabric and craft shops looking for all the bits and pieces for the lekku. I even religiously kept notes and photos of the method I used, which was basically latex over nylon tights for the tails and a lot of hand sewing for the head cover.

My makeup was a casualty in the rush once we’d arrived at the other end. I’d read loads of the good advice on this forum and planned on an hour to get ready, but due to various factors had only fifteen minutes! :shock: With little chance to practice beforehand it was pretty much “green-and-go” – no eye makeup, no nail varnish, and as you can see the single layer of body paint is very blotchy. The gloves kept rolling down my arms throughout the night so the big gap just kept getting bigger!

Image Image

However, everyone there was very complimentary about the effort. The murder mystery itself was awesome fun. I turned out to have been a cold-blooded killer after all and had to make a run for the shuttleport (down next door’s driveway) at the end of the night!

Edit: Now with the right URL for the notes, sorry!

Last edited by Lianna on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:39 pm
Site Admin

Paint and time limit problems aside, that sounds like a lot of fun!

(Hope you escaped before the cops got there! :-D)

Pam :-)

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:29 am
Site Moderator

I wondered how that went! Thank you for posting pics and a description, it looks like it was fun!

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]