View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
I made a new twi'lek 

Unread post I made a new twi'lek
so after a loooooong night of sleeplessness and roaming the boards here I decided I needed to make a twilek that defined me and would not be for anything other than my convention runs. I've seen the steampunk thread and love that idea but I feel that it may be a bit much for me. so I took to looking at other things I really love. I eventually found myself reading a few of my horror comics when I came up with a crazy idea: a horror movie based twi'lek.
At first I thought it was a bad idea. If anything it would have to be related to a horror movie that means alot to me. The biggest is nightmare on elm stree because it was the first horror movie I ever watch. The second idea was a twi'lek based off tarman from the living dead series. I canned both because it seemed a bit impossible to incorporate the ideas with the costuming for a twi'lek. My next idea was from my horror comics: hellraiser. I honestly hadn't thought of that idea because there are a few setbacks for such an idea: props and clothing again. most the female leads in hellraiser have strapping leather fit for bondage night at the club. Then my sister came to the rescue. she had a few pirate costume pieces that fit the part. after aqquireing my second lekku from Pam I set to work and with less than a day to go finished my design before our big anime convention with the plan to wear it saturday.
I was really worried about this costume because unlike my first twi'lek Xiaan, I never had a practice run with this one. to make it worse plans changed, a group members saber borked and we switched wearing our group star wars costumes to saturday giving my new twi'lek friday. I put everything together and when i was done was not sure how to feel. Our hotel room mate walked in and just stared at me. He's 501st so if I had done anything that would ruin my costume credentials with others or my pride, he'd tell me. all I got in reply was "darn kid that is badass!"
I felt a bit better walking down the streets of baltimore in 100 degree weather in leather and fishenets knowing someone other than me like the concept. as soon as I actually got into the con I couldn't walk without people asking for pics. they even got the full concept which shocked even me.
I decided to name this Obyrru which means nightmare in the ryl.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 am

Unread post Re: I made a new twi'lek
here are the professional pics I got this weekend. After monster mania I may have more pics to show with my friends
http://perlerpuffin.deviantart.com/#/d59893t

http://perlerpuffin.deviantart.com/#/d597y0g

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:01 am

What a cool idea! I love the spiderweb pattern on your lekku :)

Are you bringing this to CVI?

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:39 am

Belladonna wrote:
What a cool idea! I love the spiderweb pattern on your lekku :)

Are you bringing this to CVI?

thank you so much. It was inspired by a comic cover for the hellraiser comics. My sis worked on the pattern for me

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:17 am

neat idea! totally original! Love it

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:33 pm

AmdlStar wrote:
neat idea! totally original! Love it

thank you so much

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:33 am

as cor bringing it to cvI I don't have the money to go this year so I won't be going :( I am taking it to a hellraiser cast reunion later this month though pics to follow

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:47 am

since I wasn't at CVI figured I'd share what I was doing instead. I was in Jersey for Monster Mania and took my Twilek with me. She made a few friends as you can see below.
One more convention this weekend and perhaps another next weekend

http://perlerpuffin.deviantart.com/#/d5cx1wj

http://perlerpuffin.deviantart.com/#/d5cx17z

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]