View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Imperial Officer Twi'lek? 

Unread post Imperial Officer Twi'lek?
Hi everyone! I've just gotten my Lekku in from Pam (they ROCK by the way!) and since my area is trying to increase the number of 501st members specifically, not just the Rebel Legion, and I don't quite want to attempt a Darth Talon quite yet, I was really curious about starting an Imperial Officer. The only problem is that I have been unable to find any possible references for a Twi'lek one. Does anyone know if this is within regulations and if so how would I be able to even create the costume, especially the hat? Would it be a headband instead of a cap or just no cap in general?

I appreciate any and all feedback, thank you!

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:19 am

Unread post Re: Imperial Officer Twi'lek?
Speaking from canon, the empire is very, very anti-alien. In all of the books, and movies, etc. it's incredibly rare to find an alien in the empire. Heck, stormtroopers have to be at least humanoid enough to fit in the standard suit, cause they won't modify it for things like head tails. And alien officers are basically unheard of.

That's not to say you can't do it. Just that references are going to be a bit hard to find. And that you get to create a pretty cool backstory about why your character breaks the mold, you know? Overcoming the odds to do what so few aliens have managed before. Knowing the right moff and getting a promotion, much to the frustration of her peers.

The door's pretty open, in that regard. I can say, my wife tried an Aviator cap for a Steampunk Twi'lek, and neither of us were super thrilled with how it looked overall. Twi'leks weren't built for hats, that's for sure. But there are some headband ideas that come to mind that still say "Officer" to me. A little brim on the headband, or something.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Kaytee,

Echoing what fire said, references for Imperial twi's are slim. I posted a question about it earlier in the year, and it looks like our options are limited to Talon, Sinya (recently approved) or Yuthura Ban (not yet approved...she's my choice right now). I really want to work on a 501st character as well. Maybe we'll have more options in the future!

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Ahhh, I missed that bit about the 501st. Yeah, to play a non-human officer, you'll have to find one in canon first. And that's not going to be easy, with all the anti-alien hate they built up in the EU.

Who knows, maybe the new movies will feature a few alien officers?

Thu May 01, 2014 1:59 am

Wow, I wasn't expecting to get a response so quickly! Thank you!

That kinda stinks about there not being many options open for us in the 501st, however I suppose that for the time being I can simply go unapproved (steampunk, semi-sith, modern day, etc) or go into the RL with a Jedi or other face character. One day I will eventually go colored rather than the skin tone that I currently have it but I'm so nervous to work with paints and airbrush right now that I'm not willing to just go buy the compressor and paints haha. Hopefully there will be some more Twi'lek in the upcoming movies but I have a gut feeling they will remain background characters that just look pretty instead of being the awesome characters they really are.

Thu May 01, 2014 4:09 am

If you want to join a costuming club for an original character in Star Wars rather than a canon one I'd look into the Dark Empire, and see if your design fits them.

Fri May 02, 2014 12:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]