View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The twin Gella's WIP 

Unread post Re: The twin Gella's WIP
I'm not sure if we're going to be going to the con I was making these costumes for, anymore. I might need to postpone this project until I've finished some different costumes unfortunately.

Also the fabric samples I ordered haven't showed up for the past few weeks, not sure why... I hate running into road blocks. :(

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:22 am

Unread post Re: The twin Gella's WIP
I have yet to give up on this costume. But it's still mostly been in research and supply gathering mode. I've ended up with a large supply of two different types of nettings, white cotton/spandex mix for the undersuits, and a few different blue body paints.

I started trying to dye my two nettings and they apparently won't accept the dye I currently have. Are there other dyes that are stronger or might work better? I wish I could remember what the fiber content is in them, but it's been too many months since I bought them. I'm guessing they both have a high nylon content but Rit dye says that it should work well with nylon so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any ideas?

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2