View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Andrea's Mission Remake 

Unread post Andrea's Mission Remake
Hello all, I thought I'd poke my head in and start my own thread for this costume.

I first made this costume back in 2008, and have been reworking it ever since. Sadly there weren't many Star Wars-y events in my area I could until the last couple of years, so this costume would be worn once a year, pulled out in a panic about two weeks prior to All-Con and picked at. It's seen some significant improvements, but it's time for me to start again from the ground up. I know I can do a much better job now than I ever could before.

Circa 2009 (2008 was just too bad to share ;P )

I airbrushed on Ben Nye Magiccake in Calypso Blue the first few times I wore this costume.

Here I've switched to Ben Nye Magicolor.

Reel Creations, where have you been all my life? I made this first batch too light. I'll be changing that the next time.

My first priority is to completely redo the vest. This is version #2, and while it's way better than the first, I couldn't decide how to tackle the shoulder and side details, but I have an idea now. It was also made prior to some significant weight loss, so it simply doesn't fit right anymore. I'm hoping to make a more detailed head wrap. Mission's has some really intricate detailing on it if you look hard enough. I'm thinking about giving this a go in leather. I'll be building new knee pads out of Sintra, and probably finally breaking down and making brown boot covers. (Brown thigh high boots sans hooker heels don't seem to exist for under $300.)

I won't be able to working on this for the next couple of months due to a looming deadline on another project, but hopefully having this thread here will remind me when the time comes. :)

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]