View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Photoshoot Interest Thread 

Unread post Re: Photoshoot Interest Thread
i do buy tickets occasionally. i think i would faint if i won though!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:11 pm

I also buy occassionally when the pot gets really high but of course I've never won. Meanwhile, I hear stories about people who have won twice. Yikes, I need just a little of their luck! :)

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:17 pm

kina wrote:
luciferian wrote:
*coughs* australia *cough* XD one can only wish though.

Yeah, I can only imagine how expensive it will be to fly from Australia to the U.S. and just for a convention but if any convention is worth it then it'd be Star Wars. I'm lucky because it is almost in my backyard. It always amazes me the number of people I know who are Star Wars fans but didnt go to the con last year and wont be going next year for various reasons when it is so close to them. They really dont appreciate how lucky they are to have it this close. Well, I'm very appreciative that it is only 2 hours from me so there's no way I'll let myself miss it.

I can tell you how much it would have been had there not been a really good sale on :) About $2,500 local dollars (and you would need to take into account living costs to compare that to anywhere else. The fact that it is the weekend before D*C meant it was an easier decision. Going for a weekend would be wasteful. Going to two big events as well as the chance to see a whale shark (WHALE SHARK!!!) and a space center made it a once in a lifetime for this kiwi. And finally meeting people I have communicated with for over a decade online... wow. So many through Star Wars :) I forgot I had started planning for Zam by 2002! And Mara for at least as long. Wow.

Can't wait to meet the lovely ladies from this forum :) I'll likely be Shae Vizla as much as possible (though I have just got my swtor bounty hunter to Nar Shadaa and spotted the uniform Eleena wears as a standard issue security forces uniform :) Totally different textures to the concept! And it is tempting....) I have screen caps, but I am also banned from playing until I get my screen cap folder under control (400G...) And maybe Shaak Ti but there is about 170 days to make something new ;)

Anyway on the appreciation issue: you get that everywhere, contempt of the familiar.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6