View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Costume bits looking for new home 

Unread post Costume bits looking for new home
I have to admit, I always feel odd starting a "for sale" thread anywhere I don't have a whole lot of posts, but I promise I really do have twi'lek stuff set aside to work on (just a lot of snags in doing so which is a WHOLE 'nother thread *heh*).

Anyway, I've got some misc. costume stuff that, well, I've been trying to clear out for some time, and I figured I'd list the things that I think might be of most use to twi'lek costumers here.

1) First, the most expensive thing. Brown leather bodice I got from Pendragon Costumes at DragonCon in 2008. That was literally the only day I've worn this (which sucks because I love it but I've never found anything else I wanted to wear it with and not feel annoyed with my hips in >_<). It's a size small, here's the link to their sizing page to see if it would fit you: http://www.pendragoncostumes.com/Mercha ... ng_bodices

Cost is $100 and that includes shipping. I know some might balk at the price, but I did pay $124 for it and I (unfortunately) really need the money.

2) Black ankle boots (I'm not sure if they're real leather or man-made material, but I can check), size 8M, Croft and Barrow brand, Dartmouth style. Purchased from Goodwill, used for once D*Con for my mando, but I've since replaced them with some taller boots that I prefer.

$13, includes shipping

See later post for some non Star Wars stuff

Last edited by Barghest1031 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Costume bits looking for new home
I'm always looking to expand my 'gold key' (costumes I keep on hand as loaner items for people just getting into the costuming aspects of fandom) so I am interested in the Dark Jedi tunic. Post a pic and rough measurements please?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 am
Profile WWW

The best rough measurements I can give are the following:
Chest - 40
Waist - 35
Arm length - roughly 21 to the wrist
shoulders - roughly 16
torso length - roughly 18

It may be a bit bigger since I weighed slightly more when I had it made, but I don't think it's bigger by much. (I admit, I have no idea how to get the proper size off the garment itself because of the way the tunics wrap :| ). And as you can tell from the image I kind of suck at even fitting onto my old (rather shapeless) duct tape dummy. Sadly the only images I have of me wearing it are too dark to see detail, and I'm not wearing the undertunic with them. Sorry about that.

Oh, and there are two different obis I've got stuck with it. One is the one that was actually made for it, the other is one I made with some velcro on the back to close it. (I don't include pants with it because I got rid of the pants that came with it ages ago, hate elastic due to what it did to my stomach growing up, and used some drawstring pants I made for it instead which I also long since tossed after they just got worn out.)

I'm just asking $30 including shipping for it, if you think that's fair. It's one of those things I paid a lot more for, but I've been trying to get rid of it for two years (eek, that's a scary thought) and just want it to stop taking up room in my costume box. (I, um, admit that I could also never figure out how to properly wear all the layers. <_< >_>)

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Sold! - PM me with your paypal stuff.

BUT... if you change your mind, that's fine, too. Let me splain the layers.

Inner Tunic (or Dickey - over a T-shirt, safety pinned in place in at least four spots, ideally five - 2 in back, 2 in front, 1 underneath at throat)
Outer Tunic arranged like a karate gi; you may use a safety pin at waist but it is not necessary
Tabards safety pinned at shoulder, closures under outer tunic so no pin shows. Layer tabards in the same order as outer tunic (for example, I lay down the right side of everything first - right dickey layer, left over it; right outer tunic layer, left over it; right tabard, then left and for the love of god pin those puppies)
Obi over everything else, belt over obi

I find it odd that apparently in Star Wars nobody knows how to use a button or tie a cord. I guess they have Force-sensitive fabric that knows exactly how to drape and fall. That DOES explain Padme's white 'battle-torn' ensemble!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:54 pm
Profile WWW

lol, Ok, it makes a lot more sense with all the pinning. I did some pinning for my ex's Jedi and was worried that was the wrong way to do it but seems like I was on the right track. *chuckle*

PM incoming. :)

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Heh heh... I don't need to buy anything (in fact I'm still trying really hard to clean out my own overflowing costuming closet), but I must say that I still had a blast looking through that post. It's like window-shopping for costuming addicts! I love the bodice! Good luck with your sales!

The very first time I wore my first Jedi costume (Celebration II in Indy), I had the most awful soreness in my shoulders by the end of the day because I kept holding them stiffly to keep my tabards from slipping off. I didn't know until we were halfway to the convention center (from a hotel miles away) that the tabards were going to keep sliding off my shoulders, and I didn't have pins in the car. I kept fixing them, tightening them in my belt, standing with my shoulders raised... terrible day! The next time I wore that costume, I pinned them in place. What a difference. Ahhhhh....

Pam :-)

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 am

Twi'lek Pam wrote:
It's like window-shopping for costuming addicts!

XD Yeah, that about describes my costume trunk. I go a little crazy sometimes with things that just make me go "ooh, I can find a use for this someday!" :lol:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:00 am
Profile YIM WWW

instead of using safety pins for the tabbards i used hooks i'll take a picture next time, tell you what i was running in my jedi along the beach (its a hard thing to do in sand and boots) but they never came off !

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 am

Some more non-Star Wars things I decided to try to clear out to get some spare cash before D*con and moving the rest of my stuff out from TN (which will finally include my lekku, woo!).

- Green/cream lined hooded bodice ($120, includes shipping to the continental US)

A custom made corset from Damsel in this Dress. It does pain me to get rid of it, however I no longer need it for what it was purchased for. Olive/sage green exterior fabric with a cream interior. Laces up with a brown ribbon which is also what attaches the hood (hood can be removed).I know trying to sell custom designed things is hard, but I hope there's somebody out there who can use this beautiful corset.

Approx. measurements:

Bust/cup - Roughly a D/DD

Waist - 33"

- Plaid and Corduroy vests (good for steampunk I think, which is what I originally purchased them for, $13 each which includes shipping to continental US)

Brown, tan, and some red make up the plaid pattern on the first vest. Heritage 1981 brand (from Forever 21), size Large according to the tag.

Wet Seal brand corduroy vest with a cute steampunk/military feel. Size medium. Some of the decorative buttons are a little loosely sewn on but don't seem to be problematic.

- Bronze/Copper belly dance halter top ($45, does not include shipping since it's kind of heavy and I would need to figure out if flat rate or standard would be cheaper depending on buyer's location)

Bronze/copper coin belly dance top. Only worn a couple of times to try it one, never for any actual dancing (ie- has not been sweated in *chuckle*). Tag says size is XL, but I think it would best fit a small D or large C. It was a bit too small on me.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]