View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Cleaning out my hoard... 

Unread post Cleaning out my hoard...
I don't know that much of this is costume related, but its all going to be donated so I figured I would give you guys first dibs on things. Everything here was given to me, so you can have anything you see just pay for shipping (ill figure out prices later....) If you want to know yardage on a piece send me a PM and i'll go measure. I will be doing my donation run next weekend.

various empty trim rolls and organizers, they are pretty light and would ship for cheap. You could also try to get these from a fabric store but they tend to throw them out as they empty them

Fleece, (may or may not be worth the shipping, its pretty light though) most pieces are about 2 yards.

Fabric - these were the only pieces big enough to be worth mentioning. The majority of my hoarding problem is leftover bits that are just not quite small enough to throw away...

the whittling of my hoard continues, I might still find a few gems worth posting.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 am
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Cleaning out my hoard...
I'm really bad about hanging on to all of the scraps that are too small to really do anything with, but too large to throw away, too. They kept accumulating in my sewing room, and then I discovered that another teacher in my district belongs to a quilting club that makes lap quilts to donate to residents in nursing homes. They also teach quilting classes at the homes. She was absolutely thrilled to take every scrap of fabric that I was willing to give away. You might be able to find something like that in your local area, too!

(I love the kitty fabric. Too cute!)

Pam :-)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 pm

we have a senior center that runs a good will style craft shop. the shop is ran by volunteers and all proceeds go to the senior center. so all my leftovers go there. I'm just really bad and convincing myself to keep things.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:09 am

The closest I get to that is the aunt of a practice nurse at my GP makes dolls for underpriviledged kids :) So my not quite big enough scraps go to her :) I also gave a big lot of scrap test fabrics to Trash to Fashion which is a yearly contest for those at primary to high schools to enter Wearable Art creations made from all recycled materials.

Loving the kitty fleece!

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 am
Profile WWW

Oh my goodness! I was given a flannel with the same print as the bug/butterfly fleece you have! I would love to make a baby blanket with them! I'll send you a PM!

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]