View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Bacura Zerafa Back Story 
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Bacura Zerafa Back Story
Keeping in mind that ultimately you should do what is fun and cool for you with your costume, and that I am giving free advice which is the one thing in the world that nobody EVER wants to take for free, even if it's good, my response is below your text. I do suggest that if that's the firearm you're using, include the stock. Or go for no/small weapon just in case the event you're attending has got overzealous security. It's a sad thing to watch a trooper have his blaster taken away, or see someone tell Boba that his backpack no longer has jets.

Bacura wrote:
It measures 44.5cm from mussel to the end of the blaster and 20 cm from top of blaster to the end of the grip.

I think i would use it aiming from the shoulder. i thought removing the stock would make it easier to get out in a hurry but the way i would hold it give me the precision shots that i would need.

So you're talking about nearly 18" in length for those of us who speak American. To put that into perspective, maybe even with weight, get yourself a plastic 'with a handle' 2-liter container of milk (or juice, whatever - just make sure it has a handle and it is full).

Tape a laser pointer (on) down on the top edge, ie the part opposite the handle, with the laser pointer aimed down. This is the muzzle of your gun, the bottom end of the milk jug.

Now. Grab it by the handle and aim it quickly for a precision shot.

Ummm hmm. Yep. Heavy, messy, hurty and worst of all, not so effective. If you need speed, you are not going to get precision shots with a weapon of that mass and bulk. If you need precision shots, you can and will take the time to set up your shot properly.

---

May I suggest that for Chow-Yun Fat pistol-wielding coolness, you mod a couple of little squirt pistols as hold-out pistols? And honestly... if you have a lightsaber of any sort, you skip anything but a small WW2-style blaster. Cuz ... lightsaber = great equalizer.

My favorite uncle, who took a hand in rearing me, was first a cop and then an FBI agent - I was brought up with gun knowledge. They're a lot heavier than you might think, even the Glocks. The reason the people with guns in the movies look so genuine is because it turns out that surplus guns were cheaper than props - so every one of those actors, from Stormtrooper to Han Solo, is holding a real (safety-checked) firearm.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:40 pm
Profile WWW

Ah i see. I thank you so much for that information.

I will keep the stock on the blaster then as i am going to have a pistol as well. I am also trying to bear in mind that my character has been fighting for survival for a while so would always be heavily armed but i need to figure out what other equipment he would have on him.

I thank you Nara once again for your incredible brains and wisdom (neither of which i generally have in great supply) :D

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:05 pm
Site Moderator

Bacura wrote:
I thank you Nara once again for your incredible brains and wisdom (neither of which i generally have in great supply) :D

You do so have both - you know there are things you don't know, and you go asking others to show you. That seems the definition of both. :P

Survival knife. Soft blade, prop knife maybe, but if you watch the "Hope" SWTOR trailer you'll get an idea of all the stuff the Trooper - who OMG tackled a Sith lord like the guy owed him money! - has. Survival knife, a couple grenades. Look at the placement, too. Just pause the cinematic wherever there's a clear shot of the Trooper.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

I thank you again Nara! (I may have to start calling you Ma'am because of your incredible kindness and generosity with which you help others)

I am in conversations with a guy from the UK's 99th garrison about getting a belt of thermal detonators.

Survival Knife - darn i should of though of that! absolutely silent and still darn deadly!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Here is what I did with my Nerf Longstrike. I could have made it shorter to make it a little easier to handle but I was trying to make it look like a Verpine sniper rifle. Hope this helps.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:59 am
Site Moderator

Wow, that's one hot-looking prop gun!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

I've been doing a lot of thinking and the back story of my Character has changed a bit.

Bacura was a Twi'lek Padawan during the Clone Wars who was close to attempting the Jedi Trials.

During a loosing battle on Felucia his Master and all his Clone Troopers were killed, Bacura himself barely survived the battle but was able to escape carrying his Master's damaged lightsaber after his own was broken in half during the battle.

He travelled to Nar Shaddaa and located his parents, brilliant engineers forced to work for the Hutt Cartell. Bacura's parents aid him in collecting all the pieces required to build himself a new lightsaber and to convert his Master's damaged lightsaber into a shield. The Hutt who his parents worked for discovered that something was going on and personally came to confront them.

Bacura 'persuaded' the Hutt to give him a heavily upgraded and modified YV-100 light freighter, however during the inspection of the ship the Hutt called in security droids which resulted in a quick battle where his mother shot the Hutt through his left eye socket. So together they escaped in the freighter without a leaving a trail.

Bacura and his parents then proceeded to become very good but almost unknown smugglers mostly doing ordinary smuggling but whenever Bacura located a Force Sensitive in separatist space he would drug them and transport them into the Jedi Temple to be found by the Jedi.

Bacura's parents were killed in a trade gone wrong but he found a Pantoran Jedi Padawan who's Master had been assassinated and feared for her life, a incredible engineering Wookie and Jawa duo and a talented young Human slicer.

About 3 months before the death of Count Dooku, Master Yoda discovered that it was Bacura who had been leaving Force Sensitives inside the Jedi Temple. Master Yoda brought Bacura before the Jedi Council to decide what would happen.

Bacura discovered that the Jedi believed that he had died fighting alongside his Master and that the Jedi were impressed how he had learnt to conceal that he was Force Sensitive. Bacura requested that the Council keep his existence a secret and stated that he would only ever answer to the Council. The Council decided to keep to his request and requested that while he went about normal business he supplied any information he could gather to them.

Bacura's existence had not been revealed to Anakin Skywalker before he became Darth Vader and sensing the deaths of thousands of Jedi immediately returned to Courasant just as Masters Yoda and Obi-wan arrived. Bacura and his crew entered the ruined Jedi Temple and collected as many of the lightsabers and artefacts as they could to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. Bacura and his crew took the stash to Dagobah and scattered them all over the planet.

Bacura is of a similar power level to Mace Windu however he is able to completely conceal his 'force aura' and that of up to 6 others. He has also trained himself to be constantly sensing what goes on around him. No-one has been able to sneak up on him. His identity as an ex-padawan is only know by a select few people. The lightsaber that he carries looks like a Sith's lightsaber and when asked about it he says that it looks cool and it is faster than a blow torch for opening locks!

I hope you have enjoyed reading this.

May The Force Be With You, Always

Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3