View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Scott's Shado Vao 
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Scott's Shado Vao
So, what did I learn from wearing Shado all day on Friday?

1. It's a lot of fun.
2. I need to lose a few pounds so that the abdomen armor looks better.
3. It's tough to make sure that you got all the paint out of your ears.
4. I need some new boots.
5. Steel plates for the shin guards look good, but they leave nasty scrapes after walking around with them rubbing all day.
6. Need to make a point of getting more pics with other Legacy folks :-)
7. Costume needs some dirtying up.
8. Alcohol fumes burn the eyes.
9. I want the double bladed lightsaber....

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:39 pm
Site Moderator

Scottrooper wrote:
3. It's tough to make sure that you got all the paint out of your ears.

^ This. Bigtime.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 am
Profile WWW

Nice work, makes it superbly well. Encore bravo.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:52 am
Profile WWW

Gday Pam and Scott firstly let me say I love the work you have done with this costume, Shado Vao has to be my favorite character in the New Republic Era - come on Twilek and a double bladed lightsabre whats not to like. :lol:

I am planning at starting my own build of Shado soon and I was going to start with the following

Black turtle neck undershirt

Light Grey Jedi jacket and Obi

Grey jedi pants and sleeveless Duster coat

Black calf length boots

Perforated leather neck, forearm and abdoman guards.

I would be interested in any thoughts or advice you have.

Wed May 09, 2012 12:51 am
Site Admin

Sounds like a good start. The duster and pants, while they don't really show it well in the pictures, are, for lack of a better term, kinda a grey-brown color.

I picked up the gloves on ebay to provide ones that had the half thumb and reached up to and covered the base knuckle of my fingers. (he wears weird gloves.)

For the leather armor....it will be a time consuming process to get the patterns stamped in to it. It will hurt. But it really is a neat looking effect :-) The armor plates are the third most asked about piece of the costume anytime I wear it. (#1 being, "If I touch you will it get blue on me?" and #2, Who made your lekku?"

If you go with real metal shin guards like I did, make sure that your boots are high enough that the shin guards don't ride up over them and scrape you raw. I had some ugly scrapes on the tops of my shins after that day at Celebration because my boots weren't really tall enough.

we do plan on having the male lekku available at some point, but it's definately going to be a while. Pam's working on a new system right now with the female lekku and if it works out well, it'll be how we do the male ones too.

Wed May 09, 2012 4:39 am

Thanks for that info Scott I know what you mean by the grey-brown color as in the Legacy:War series it does seem to have a brown look to it in some frames but grey in others, so I was going to stick with gray as it is an easier color to find :D . Also do you any suggestions on what type of fabric to use I was looking at using a cotton drill like used by martial art Gi's. With the armor I was going to talk to some medieval reenactors to see if they could help out, as for the shin guards I was going to look at some plastic coverings.

I want to get this up to an approvable Rebel Legion standard so is there an actuall CRL for him yet or should I follow the generic New Republic Jedi CRL ?

Wed May 09, 2012 5:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2