View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reference Gallery Link 

Unread post Re: Reference Gallery Link
random, but I JUST read an NJO book with Daeshara'cor and I distinctly remember her being green :P maybe I haven't gotten to the book where she has a "radical skin color change surgery" :P

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 am
Site Admin

That's nothin'.... Xiaan started out yellowish brown, turned turquoise green, and later became even greener! Twi'leks, the chameleons of the Star Wars universe?

I added a dozen or so more pictures, and a bunch more source notations.... still slogging away on getting the gallery filled. I had a good laugh the other day when Scott quipped, "If a Twi'lek character is not in the Twi'lek Gallery, then she does not exist!" It's not quite THAT complete yet, but I am happy with the progress! If anyone knows of pictures or characters that I'm missing, please let me know where to find them! I'm not particularly interested in adding more Aayla pictures, since there are soooo many to be found online... I'd really rather concentrate on the characters where it's more difficult to find good references for them.

Question: Is this character worth adding to the gallery, considering the low quality of the pictures? They're enlarged from screen captures of game play, and it's the best that I could manage to get. She's a Sith Prospect from the KOTOR game, and I have five images of her, front and back.

Pam :-)

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:25 am

If its not hella trouble to add her then I don't see why not since you already have the pics, plus then what Scott said would be true :P Is she from when you sneak into the Sith temple and try to infiltrate them, then have to fight both the school masters at the end?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:34 am

She's the dancer you help in the cantina :) .

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm
Site Admin

padme9055 wrote:
She's the dancer you help in the cantina :) .

Yup, same girl. Does she spend the entire game just trying to find a job somwhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW8C5AeDO1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUEa1yM0z18

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 pm
Site Moderator

Twi'lek women are pretty universally expected to be courtesans, dancers, and trophy wives in the Star Wars universe. Remember, the lekku contain ancestral memory and they are specifically bred for thousands of years to be docile, beautiful, and dumber than a whole box of rocks. So the poor lady really was gonna have a hard time trying to get work as anything that used her mind!

She also looks like Griff's ex, Lena; they re-used a lot of the same skins for the Twi'leks in that game. I dunno if the heading "Generic KotOR Twi'Lek Female" would cover it.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:23 pm
Profile WWW

I was thinking the same thing about the re-used skin. There was a purplish twi'lek instructor in the sith temple though (I remember because I'm pretty sure I killed her)

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:26 am

can this art http://sw-ave.deviantart.com/favourites ... 1#/d33n9pp be added to the Rachi Sitra gallery? it's by Steve Argyle one of the artists for COTF, I have a few more pics from the card game but this one is important because it's a full body shot

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:56 pm
Site Admin

Hi,

That's one of my favorite Twi'lek pictures... it's been saved on my computer for a while now. I try to limit the images in the gallery to scans of published artwork from comics, cards, game scenes, and publicity shots that have been released. Those are things that I can claim Fair Use exception for research. I was uncomfortable about putting that particular image in the gallery because I haven't been able to get a scan of the game card itself, and the image from his website is slathered in copyright text. That's why I just posted a link to the image instead of posting the image itself.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Twi'lek Pam wrote:
Hi,

That's one of my favorite Twi'lek pictures... it's been saved on my computer for a while now. I try to limit the images in the gallery to scans of published artwork from comics, cards, game scenes, and publicity shots that have been released. Those are things that I can claim Fair Use exception for research. I was uncomfortable about putting that particular image in the gallery because I haven't been able to get a scan of the game card itself, and the image from his website is slathered in copyright text. That's why I just posted a link to the image instead of posting the image itself.

ok, that works for me, thanks Pam

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next