View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Miss Magpi's Lawquane Family Project! Part 1 - Suu 

Unread post Re: Miss Magpi's Lawquane Family Project! Part 1 - Suu
so far things look great. Can't wait to see pics of the actual pants!

And can I say that I hate how animation never lends itself to adequate seam placement? I mean, I understand from an animators perspective why that is, but damn it make it hard to sew costumes that are "screen accurate" when the image on the screen can't possibly exist in real life. As a long time anime cosplayer, it's been one of my most frustrating tasks. So much so that I've taken the stance that if this was to exist in the real world there would have to be more seams than they show and just add the suckers in where needed.

ok: end rant
BTW baby is adorable. makes me want another one.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:43 pm

It's been a little while since I've worked on the costume. I am now thinking of making a milliskin bodysuit for the skin color instead of painting my whole body. That way it wont leave room for an OMG costume malfunction. I've checked spandex house for colors and I'm thinking this color is pretty close opening the pictures up side by side http://spandexhouse.com/lerge_image.asp?id=2346

I've seen people do some amazing airbrushing on milliskin, that's why i thought to go with that instead of lycra.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:32 pm

Oh, what a great idea! I have no clue about millskin, but it sounds like a great idea to me :) . And the color looks great. Perhaps you should ask them to send you a swatch (or order a very small amount) and test it before ordering a bunch of fabric.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Yeah i didn't know about miliskin until i saw a girl do this cat/lion costume on cosplay.com. i cant for the life of me remember the character but i think it was showcased. it was airbrushed and simply AMAZING!! after that, i was seeing all sorts of costumes done the same way!

The minimum order is $30 so i requested a sample. I'm just waiting to hear back!

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:27 am

That color looked pretty good. I love also your arm paint test. Really looking forward to seeing about this miliskin test as I think It would be good for under my Miela gown and maybe Aayla too! But seriously I love Suu and I can't wait to see yours finished! :)

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:10 pm
Profile WWW

Ooh that colour is great Magpi ! Also millskin i think i will have to look this up !

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:32 am

I still haven't heard from them so I'll call on monday if they don't call me first.

I was looking up unitards on amazon and found a few miliskin ones. Tights are made from it too. I'm not sure how easiliy it dyes but i hate having to dye non-cotton/natural materials. it is very light and thin compared to spandex. its supposed to be like a second "skin" hence the name! The downside to it is it probably wont compress your body and tuck you in nice like a lycra or supplex bodysuit.

I've been brainstorming how i will make the bodysuit. I'm thinking of using the least paint possible and if i should glove the hands for no seams on the wrist.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Well i never got a call back and I'm not wasting my time leaving a message for them so i found another website that sells a variety of spandex colors and requested a sample of #4 and #41 in their milliskin here: http://stretchhouse.com/nylonspandex.htm#Milliskin

At least with this site, you can pay directly with a credit card instead of giving it over the phone.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2