View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
What color is Suu? 
Site Moderator

Unread post What color is Suu?
Going by Reel Creations chart at http://www.reelcreations.com/products/c ... t_inks.asp what color would you guys say Suu is? A friend loves her color and wants to use it so I'm thinking of getting her some paint for her birthday (her husband is getting her some lekku from Pam).

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:38 pm
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: What color is Suu?
I bought Salmon from Pam and it comes out alot more bubble-gummy pink than the color chart shows.

(excuse the flab)

I was kind of stuck between Salmon and Blush for a straight color, but mixing something a little lighter will probably be in order. I have some white i might do a test mix once the costume is done.

As for her tattoos, i think they are close to the "deep red" in the chart, but i have not tested that color yet. I have violet i might do some mixing with aswell.

It wont be any time soon, but i will post some pics for you once i test it out!

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:33 pm
Site Moderator

Hm, it looks quite pinkish in your picture there, but in application the batch I picked up looks much more orange. How does it look in person for you, compared to the picture?

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:08 am
Profile WWW

In person it is VERY pink, almost hot pink. I have very fair skin, if that counts for anything.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:44 pm
Site Moderator

Yeah, I have uber fair skin myself (go go Gadget albinism! -- no joke. When I was a kid I was asked a lot if I was adopted) and my batch is quite pink. BUT!

I have found a very good Suu-colored mix.

2 parts Reel Creations Salmon
1 part Reel Creations OR Kustom Bodyart Tattoo White
1 part Kustom Bodyart Tattoo pink - which looks quite purple/fuschia and is translucent in quality

Put in a bottle you can use for storage and eventually throw away. Drop in a small stainless steel hex nut or a screw. Cap it tightly, this is important. SHAKE THE SNOT OUT OF THE BOTTLE.

You end up with a rich but not glaring even pink with faint wine undertones.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/ ... paint.aspx is the seller for Kustom Bodyart and they are my second choice (behind Reel Creations) in makeup. I've yet to see someone have an allergic reaction to their products. Their texture is excellent (a little shiny if sponged on instead of airbrushed or brushed, but a quick powdering fixes it) and the product has serious staying power. In fact, I have to caution people that they WILL need rubbing alcohol more than baby oil to remove this product or anything mixed with it. My big gripe with them is lack of color selection, but at their prices I'm unafraid to mix my own.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

As an addendum, you get the same exact color omitting the white, which oddly enough doesn't seem to pale it out any but instead creates a more even (and tattoo- and blemish-hiding) color. It still has all the radiance of actual skin, however, so for people on a budget you could just skip the white.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:15 pm
Profile WWW

The rule of thumb i try to follow when mixing paint is to start with the lightest color then add the darker colors to get your desired shade. For the salmon I needed to add more than twice the amount of white to get the desired pink shade then i added a small amount of violet.

I used all reel creations ink for mine. The portions are:
2 parts salmon
3 parts white #8
1/2 part violet

I did capfuls with the test so the 1/2 part is an approximate. The violet works pretty well for the tattoos, but i am still working that out. Violet paints on lighter than it looks in the bottle. This picture doesn't really do it justice but it gives you an idea. I sponged the color on for this trial. The very first picture of the salmon was done with an airbrush.

Thanks for sharing the link for kustom! Those prices aren't bad at all. I agree, i would be less afraid to mix colors at that price! Thats why it's taken me this long to play with the RC ink i have!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]