View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Miss Magpi's Lawquane Family Project! Part 1 - Suu 

Unread post Miss Magpi's Lawquane Family Project! Part 1 - Suu
[ Introduction ]
Suu Lawquane and her children are characters from the Clone wars Season 2 episode "The Deserter". The episode is currently available to watch on Starwars.com
[ LINK ]
When i watched this episode, something just struck me about Suu's character. When she first steps out the door with a shotgun to take on 3 clones to protect her family i said to myself "Yeah... I'D DO THAT!"

I was fortunate enough to get some screen shots from the website to use until season 2 comes out on DVD then they will be replaced with higher resolution photos.
[ LINK ]

This is going to be an exciting project for me and my family since we will all be involved, even if not all in costume. The goal is for all 3 twi'leks to be done by CVI. By that time, my youngest daughter (who is 3mos now) will be old enough to be Jek and not complain about being a boy character! My fiancee's daughter (who may or may not be coming to CVI) will be Shaeeah. I have been trying to get the man to be Cut but he has been very adamant on his "NO CLONES!!" statement. I might win this battle since there is no armor involved ;)

I've decided to separate each character into a different post just to keep this a little less cluttered, as i will be spewing alot of information out (and hope you all will too!)

[ Overview ]
( This area will be updated as i research and progress )

Color - She is a pink Twi'lek with dark pink or purple tattoos. I was thinking of using a color like Reel Creations "Blush" and mixing it so i don't look like a giant WAD of chewed bubble gum!

Tattoos - Shes got spots, circle and swirl tattoos on her lekku, arms, shoulders, back of neck and upper back. The swirls somewhat remind me of a paisley design (love!)

Clothing and Head Wrap - Her main brown body peice is almost like chaps that extend up the torso. Underneath, it looks to me as she is wearing denim (really? does denim exist in the star wars universe?) Her knee high brown boots go over her chaps. her head wrap looks to me like its the same material (or at least color) as chaps.

Gun - I'm just adding this because there are some pretty detailed images of the shotgun and its worth researching if anyone else wants to do this. If my fiancee decides to make it, I'll post pictures when he does.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:01 am

Unread post Re: Miss Magpi's Lawquane Family Project! Part 1 - Suu
I thought about making this character, I thought she was really cool and different. I have the hips for it, unfortunately she doesn't have the tummy and muffin tops that I do, lol. :| Why do official Twi'lek characters always have to dress so skimpy! >_<

I really look forward to seeing this project when it's complete though! How awesome that your family is involved! :)

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

Unless portrayed by the daughter of someone famous (not that we're naming names here, George), there are no female twi'leks who aren't perfectly fit! They've literally been bred for physical beauty and grace (and docile personalities) for thousands of years. :(

It's been good motivation for me - since my body is part of the costume, I need to get more fit.

Suu is awesome - she's like Buffy all grown up and with kids, totally unafraid of her own motherhood and femininity, and totally comfortable kicking ass.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:59 pm
Profile WWW

I too have the hips for this and same with Nara, this costume is excellent motivation to get in shape. For some reason i hate hate haaaate wearing shorts so the fact that her legs are totally covered was a winning point on my part!

I've done a mockup of the brown layer so far and I'll have some pics up later. I've got a few projects going on here keeping me from playing!

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Finally got the pics uploaded. So here is a little bit of my progress. (FYI this is a really rough mockup so beware of unfinished edges and pins!)

I had some leftover fabric from my mustafar padme and hoping to recycle it, so i made a copy of it in scrap. (yes thats Evelyn in the corner, she wants to help!)

The first mockup, just barely fit over my pants so i had to scrap the idea of recycling the fabric i already had, but starting it this way gave me a good start on how to continue with as few cuts and seams as possible. I used what i made so far as a guide and came up this...

This only has one triangle. I am playing with an idea for a lining so i can connect a second triangle without having a seam in the front. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/c ... front3.jpg

All the leg seams are hidden on the inside of the leg since none can be seen on the actual outfit (because animation defies all laws of sewing)

Just to get an idea of how it will look, i threw on some boot and a belt. The legs need to be tweaked a bit but so far so good. (i dont know why i look scared lol)

This is a really scary top. ANY forward bending will induce full frontal exposure... so I've come up with an ingenious plan! I have used double sided tape in the past, and after only a few minutes of sweating, it very easily peels off and cant be trusted! Some of you might have used those Adhesive Bras, the sticky jelly boobs that look like chicken cutlets. Well i plan on putting some velcro on them and on the inside of the top, remove the front clasp and whalah! The whole area will not be exposed no matter how i lean, move, jump, teleport... whatever! They stick much better than tape, and I have comfortably worn them for a few hours without them moving. They also give a little bit of depth to that area, since i am a size B i'm not complaining :D

(Yeah i have a stamp :P)
The open areas need to be more baggy and hang more http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/c ... family.jpg

Now for the fun part... SHOE SHOPPING!!!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:24 am

I"m not going to dice it that looks really good chica! I can't say I have that amount of bravery to show off that much skin, but I can say BRAVO! I also like that fabric, I'm a afan of shiney :D Thats a great Idea with the jellies, and I'd have to say as well that "bra tape" is bullshit, it doesn't really work and it hurts like a biatch to get off. Anyone kudos with the first pictures (that baby in the background is cute btw)

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself…and weaken them. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles."

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:31 am
Profile WWW

So sorry for the late reply! Thank you tons! The goal is, by the time i premiere the finished peice, I'll be a little less squishy HAHAHAHA!

FABRIC SHOPPING SATURDAY!! *dances*

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:06 pm

It has been a little while since i last updated here. I've come up with a mixture for Suu's color with Reel Creation Inks after discussing some with Nara in her body ink thread.

My mix is:
2 parts salmon
3 parts white #8
1/2 part violet

This photo is a bit shiny since i was trying to take it myself. The swirl was done with plain violet and a thin paintbrush, just for comparison. The color works for the tattoos temporarily, but i might do a little mixing because they look more maroon in some pictures.

It also bleeds with a paintbrush, so i might make stencils to airbrush it on or try out one of reel creation's bodyink pens.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:32 pm

OMG your little girl so such a cutie !

And the mock up is looking great !

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:21 am

Thank you!! I've done some work on the actual one but don't have any pics yet. I'm still working on tweaking the side seams.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next