View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Pam's Eleena Daru 
Site Admin

Unread post Pam's Eleena Daru
Scott and I have been discussing our Twi'lek options for the much anticipated Celebration 6. (As the Reed publicity team knew it would, all the teasers they've been throwing out lately have etched the event quite thoroughly onto our brain cells.)

Scott's inclined to finish that custom scultped Twi'lek X-Wing pilot helmet that he's been wanting to do, while I've been wandering through one potential costume after another. At this point, I'm 94.7632% certain that I'm going to attempt an Eleena Daru costume. I want something new, so Aayla, Astraal, Twi'lek Jedi, and my various generic Twi'leks are out. I want something that will be a fun challenge to make, so most of the Twi'leks with simple cloth dresses and jumpsuits are out. I want something fairly recognizable, so most of the "appears in one brief scene" characters are out. But the TOR Deceived trailer? That is something awesome that a lot of people have seen, and Eleena has a complicated costume that would be a challenge to make really accurately. So, it seems like a good choice! Of course, the first and defining challenge will be finding the right shade of glossy stretchy blue fabric... if I can find that, the costume will be possible. It doesn't seem like something I could dye on my own, so the hunt is on!

As for what will come of this, we shall see......

Pam :-)

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:00 pm
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Eleena for CVI? Maaaaybeeee...
I've seen some almost exactly perfect-as-they-are lightweight scuba suits, believe it or not.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Eleena for CVI? Maaaaybeeee...
That's one of the things I've been looking into! I researched some dive suit websites, as well as neoprene fabric swatches from Stretch House. (Nice sheen, but the blue was a bit too baby blue. I prefer making everything myself from scratch, so I wanted to check it out.) Naturally, the absolute BEST fabric match that I've found so far requires a minimum order of $150.... so, I'm gonna keep looking!

Thanks for the suggstion... I'll keep looking further into that option!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:32 am

Unread post Re: Eleena for CVI? Maaaaybee...
With your eye for detail, this will be a fantastic costume when it's done! I know you want to do it from scratch but e-bay has zentai suits, and they also have fabrics, maybe what you are looking for.

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

Hm, maybe we can do a big group order. Give me the website URL and I'll take a look? I do work for a production company, so maybe we can place an order with them for an upcoming project and just sneak yours in.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Unfortunatly it's not a "minimun order; fill as you wish" type of thing, it's a minimum order of 15 yards of that one kind of fabric. I ordered a swatch, so I'm waiting to find out if the match is as good in person as it is on the computer screen. Once I see that swatch, as well as a few others that I've requested from other companies, I'll decide on the best course to take. I'll keep looking in the meantime, it's not like there's any hurry on this one! :-D

http://www.nyfashioncenterfabrics.com/gensym-121.html (The baby blue, near the right side of the color bar.)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:03 pm
Site Admin

Fabric swatches ordered from five more fabric stores.... now for the hardest part: pretending to be patient while I wait for all of the samples to arrive!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:27 am

hahaha i am so impatient waiting for swatches! I was really thrilled when Stretch House sent me an entire "book" of their milliskin colors when i only requested 3!

Are set on a certain type of fabric? We have a store that's closing I'm going to tomorrow and they usually have some pretty obscure fabrics and I can check for you.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:22 pm
Site Admin

Heh, yeah... Stretch House likes to send those printer paper sheets full of pretty swatches! Love 'em! Sorry, I didn't see your store closeout note before you went. Oh, well.... thank you for offering to check!

I've received two of my requested fabric samples so far. Both had a nice sheen and weight, but not quite the color I wanted. Both were considered "iffy" when I ordered them, though, so I didn't have high hopes. (I'm still betting that the minimum order fabric will be ZOMG PERFECT! just because it's the most expensive, which will autimatically kick Murphy's Law into gear. :-D)

Here's an amusing little side note: Apparently Eleena shops at a popular outlet.

Humans like that outfit...

As do green Twi'leks....

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 pm
Site Moderator

Green twi'lek smuggler-chick seems to have a 'dyed to match' top but blue leggings. Definitely seems to be a racial fashion 'thing' - make it look like you're showing skin.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next