View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Pam's Eleena Daru 

Unread post Re: Eleena for CVI? Maaaaybee...
I was under the impression that the blue suit was a uniform, which is why we see it on different female models. My hubby commented that the "armor" pieces on the front and back look like they could be made out of EVA foam so they'd be nice and comfy. I'm also in the planning stages of Satele Shan so I'll be really excited to see you get this done come CVI (and getting pictures :mrgreen: )

I've also had the "joy" of waiting for fabric samples....it's always a tough wait and then making the final decision >.<

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Twi'lek Pam wrote:
Unfortunatly it's not a "minimun order; fill as you wish" type of thing, it's a minimum order of 15 yards of that one kind of fabric. I ordered a swatch, so I'm waiting to find out if the match is as good in person as it is on the computer screen. Once I see that swatch, as well as a few others that I've requested from other companies, I'll decide on the best course to take. I'll keep looking in the meantime, it's not like there's any hurry on this one! :-D

http://www.nyfashioncenterfabrics.com/gensym-121.html (The baby blue, near the right side of the color bar.)

Pam :-)

Pam,

NY Fashion Center fabric also sells their fabric on Amazon. It's a bit more per yard (like $.03), but they sell it by individual yard, so you can order only the amount you need. I discovered this by accident while looking for mermaid tail fabric. The mist foil I make my fabric tails out of is 15 yard min on their site, but sold by the yard on Amazon.

Hope that helps!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 am

Pam,
Have you found the perfect fabric yet? I am going to start my Eleena for Starfest in the spring and I would totally go in on yardage with you. I have just decided who I would create, now that I have my AWESOME LEKKU!!!!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:53 pm
Site Admin

I ordered samples of twelve fabrics, and these were the best potential choices. I haven't decided which one to use yet:

Fashion Fabrics Club: Copenhagen blue activewear
Fashion Fabrics Club: Cobalt blue activewear
dollarfabric.com: Lightweight spandex in cobalt (not medium or heavy weight; they're different shades)

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 am
Site Admin

I haven't made any real progress with this costume yet; I'm still in the "researching and collecting" phase. I've been collecting odd pieces like Christmas ornament balls to use for the detonator base, footwear, eyelets for the belt, spikes for the forehead wrap, some Reel Creations colors to test, etc. I've also been working on the lekku sculpt, which I gave slightly thicker lekku tips than I usually make on my headpieces, but not nearly as chunky as Eleena's lekku in the reference pics. That's one place where I'd rather be inaccurate, because I don't care for the overstuffed lekku look!

I WILL be finished in time for Celebration, though.... just 238 days left!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:47 am

Sorry for my ignorance but :oops: what days and month is the celebration? and where?
google search no helps me :oops:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:42 pm
Site Admin

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Unread post Re: Celebration VI Eleena Daru!
Thanks Pam for the update. Progress is progress and collecting all those little details like the spikes and eyelets now is saving you time when you really get into the building bit :P Im so excited that you are working on this, gives me an expert to bounce my silly ideas off :oops: I was wondering what you think of the 'periwinkle' colour I've seen at some spandex suppliers? I'm finding it hard to get a true idea of the colour as it looks different on different monitors I've looked at :roll:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks Pam :)

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:27 pm

hey Pam have you made a decision on which fabric your going to use? I'm playing with the idea of doing this as well and I was searching for fabrics

In process Rachi Sitra (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)
In process Bespin Leia (goal~completed by Celebration Anahiem)

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next