View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Kyrene's Eleena WIP 

Unread post Kyrene's Eleena WIP
I had hoped that I could finish this costume by Youmacon the first weekend of November, of course with studying for midterms that left me with two weekends to complete everything. Needless to say this was a huge mistake to think I could complete all of this by hand in two weeks with no prior costuming experience. But I don't regret it because I had so much fun at the con anyways and met the most amazing people!

My friend jessica helped me finish enough of the costume on the floor of the hotel room that I could wear what I had done and look decent. She also proved to me that yes it is possible to sew stretch fabric with a running stitch and have everything hold together. Still, I only made half of one glove so I just wore my usual lambskin gloves, and my fabric glue was horrible so the decorations on the boots fell off before I even got out of the hotel room. My roommate also calmed my anxieties by telling me that everyone would love my costume because Pam's Lekku.

Fortunately I practiced body painting on Halloween, so by Saturday I had sponge painting my face down, and it didn't start to flake off until much later in the evening.

Although I had expected not to see many other Star Wars cosplays at an anime convention, I ended up running into a Sith Warrior who was with an entire group of SWTOR cosplays. We decided to hang out at the con since Sith Warriors and blue twi'leks go hand in hand in SWTOR. So I looked like Vette for the rest of the con, and I am even considering making a costume for her this spring. On Saturday while we were waiting for a Bioware photo-shoot, the Jedi we were with choreographed a fight scene for us. It was an amazing time, and I thank Pam's Lekku because everyone loved them. I'm glad that I read up on the Lekku a little bit because they everyone wanted to know how they were made.

Seeing who people thought I was, was amusing. Most people who didn't know I was a Twi'lek thought I was from the fifth element. But a few people had very close guesses. I got a few Mission Vaos and Vettes. Which really made sense since I was following around a Sith Warrior while quoting her.

So here is my favorite picture from the night.
Isn't lighting funny. Whenever I am around too many fluorescent lights I look completely purple, I don't mind that too much because Eleena is described as lavender in several sources, and I had considered making a cosplay which honors the descriptions in the novel Decieved, but whenever I am in a dark room and flash is used I end up looking ghastly pale, like I've been working on some dark side corruption. I do need to paint the Lekku darker anyways, so that I can use them for either Vette or Eleena. Even though not painting them every time I switch means I can't really use either of their beautiful markings :/

I plan on finishing the costume, and possibly wearing it to Shutocon this spring. I'm getting a sewing machine next week, so hopefully I will be able to finish things much faster, and be able to work on Vette as well.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]