View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
San Francisco: WonderCon - April 1-3 
Site Admin

Unread post San Francisco: WonderCon - April 1-3
Scott and I will be attending WonderCon again this coming year. It's a great convention, it's a good atmosphere for costuming, and it always has a terrific lineup of actors who often don't attend other cons.

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/

Registration opens on December 1st. We always stay at the Marriott, it's close, clean, and every room has a bathroom! (Yes, we actually stayed at a hotel across the street once where we had to pay extra to have our own bathroom instead of using the communal bathroom down the hall.)

Pam :-)

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Unread post Re: San Francisco: WonderCon - April 1-3
I'm only about an hour away from there so I don't know if I can justify a hotel room. If I only go for 1 day any suggestions on which day to go?

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Site Admin

We're only a couple hours away, but we like to make a weekend vacation out of it. We usually take BART in on Thursday or Friday after work (Friday's the plan this time), and then go home on Sunday afternoon. Makes for a nice relaxed time, and we don't have to get up early!

If you only go for one day, Saturday is best. That tends to be the day with the most interesting programming going on, the masquerade is entertaining in the evening, and the RL and 501st group photoshoots are typically on Saturday as well.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 pm
Site Admin

38 days till Wondercon! (I have a countdown timer on my desktop. :-D)

It looks like our plan will be Nihilus and Visas on Friday, and then Aayla and Shado on Saturday. Scott's also considering taking his Twi'lek X-Wing pilot costume, and I'm musing about another custom Twi'lek outfit (aka something comfy) for the afternoon when I get tired of Aayla. I probably won't make a final decision for that until the last few days. I do like to procrastinate! I wonder how my sith contacts would look with blue skin...

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:10 am

ooooo I'm going! I will hopefully have my Leia done by then :) Don't know which days I will be there. Depends on if I can afford a hotel or not.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:14 am

I plan to be there Friday night until Sunday morning - I've also got reservations at the Marriott.

I HOPE I can get my act together and have my twi'lek completed by then. If not I'll probably wear one of my Leia costumes. :D

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 am
Site Admin

I hope the weather will warm up or I'm going to chicken out on Aayla, and go with my nice warm Twi'lek Jedi or Astraal instead! Wimpy Pam and chilly weather don't mix well. I'm sitting here in a sweater and a hoodie, listening to hail pelting the house, and thinking, "Bare waist and arm in ten days? Probably not going to happen!" But, it's all good. I enjoy the Jedi outfit, too.

Anyway, the programming schedule is out for those who haven't spotted it yet. Yay!

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc_prog.php

I'm bummed that they put the Green Lantern programming at the same time as the RL/501st dinner. Lousy timing, that. I'd rather go to the panels than be sitting in shy mode at a dinner that doesn't ever taste good.... but, gotta do the legions thing!

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 am

It better warm up and dry up so I can get my lekku painted! I hope it doesn't rain during WonderCon so we can get the group pictures outside. Maybe there will be enough of us for a twi'lek group pic!

I'll see you at the dinner. This is my first time attending the dinner - sounds like I shouldn't expect much for the food!

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:17 am

the last thing in the world I want to do right now is work on my Leia dress. I only have like 2 things left to do and I DON"T WANNA.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:17 pm

/sigh and after working on the collar all morning - I now have to rip it off...

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next