View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Dragon Con 2014 

Unread post Dragon Con 2014
Ok. I know that you may be thinking 'Why are you thinking about THAT Dragon Con? Why not one that is sooner?' Well 2014 is the year i turn 21 and so I am seriously thinking about going to Dragon Con to celebrate. Also it gives me a good 3 1/2 years costume preperation.

I am planning on this to be my first convention that i go to so i am writing down as much information as possible about conventions but as Dragon Con is so large I also need information on what hotel should i really try to book as i live in the UK.

Also saying this now gives other people plenty of time to say 'Yes Im coming too!' :lol: I will freely admit that i will be kinda scared going to the Convention so any veterans coming along will help with the nerves.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Unread post Re: Dragon Con 2014
2014? I think I might be able to make that DragonCon.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:11 am
Site Moderator

There are four main hotels where D*Con events occur, and all of them are quite good but be advised that A) the elevators take forever, so if you can get on the first 5 floors you'll spend more time doing stuff and less time waiting and B) those lower floors tend to be the 'party' floors, so accept the trade-off that you might hear a lot of activity including the live music and the happy drunken geeks.

It is not too early to start planning for D*Con 2014, and usually hotel rooms are sold out within a week of becoming available.

I hope to see you there.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:58 pm
Profile WWW

I hope so too Ma'am Nara! I hope to be starting on my Twi'lek soon

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Ok. I have a freind who is interested in becoming a photogorapher. It is highley probable that she will be accompanying me to Dragon Con 2014 although it is not for definate. Would it be possible for us to get enough Twi'lek's together for a photoshoot? I will ask for all pictures takes to be submitted to this forum.

Also what are the general costs for Dragon Con? Do you just need to pay for the hotel or is there an entry fee? Please can you respond with the costs.

Thank you

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Fee's even i can answer even though i'm on the other side of the world god bless the internet !

All convetions have an entry fee, example our biggest con here Supanova has multiple types of entry I.E Weekend pass you get it a little cheaper if you go the whole weekend. 1 day passes it's $20 a day or the super duper special meet and greet which is like $600 and they are limited to like 20 tickets.

So in short yes it will cost you to get in prices though the other girls can tell you that. Bettter yet i'm sure D con would have a main website with that sort of infomation or even a forum :)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:22 am

http://dragoncon.org/members.php

"Tickets" for Dragon*Con are called "memberships", :)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:39 am

What about the overflow hotels? Are they worth checking out? and if i go, which i would like to, i would rather fly or take a bus so what is public transit like in Atlanta?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:52 am

last year i stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn which is right next to the Aquarium. it was still walking distance (10-15 min, the shortest route is if you cut across Olympic park and it avoids the crazy hills) to the con but it was enough to be a PITA if you are in full costume and it is hot and humid as Atlanta often is Labor Day weekend. we hated being even that far from the center of the action but if you cant get a core its pretty close.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:01 pm

So since getting comic con tickets were a total bust this year my boy friend decided that were going to Dragon Con! And honestly I'm alright with that I'm in it for the cosplay/ costumes, not just shopping. Sooooooooo excited!

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next