View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Dragon Con 2011 
Site Moderator

Unread post Dragon Con 2011
My husband and I are staying at the Westin Peachtree Plaza. Is anyone else going to be at D*Con this year?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:57 pm
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: Dragon Con 2011
Yes, indeed! :D

I live in the Atlanta area.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:07 am
Site Moderator

Oh how wonderful! Husband's work is based there, so we're seriously considering moving there to prep for retirement (we're total iconoclasts with our "New Yorkers NOT choosing Florida" thing, I know).

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:39 pm
Profile WWW

Cool! I look forward to meeting you, and we can chat all about that. :D

Hopefully I'll have a "blue" day or two at D*C. ;)

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 am

In theory I'll be there. Tickets are purchased and hotel is booked, but I've still got to get money for airfare and shipping costumes to my parents to drive down for me. Probably won't be a twi'lek this year though since my lekku were one of the things still in TN that I was going to pick up on this trip. Fingers crossed. :)

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Aaaand fingers uncrossed. *sigh* Some big bills have come up for my parents, so we can't make it this year. Again. So if anybody is looking for or knows anybody looking for some tickets, I've got about 4-5 (depending on what the 5th person does) we'd like to transfer to people who can use them. We got them when they were still $70, so with the transfer fee cost it's the same price as they are (as of this posting) from D*Con itself, but it'd really be helping my family out. (This is the first time we've ever had to transfer tickets, so we're still trying to figure out the whole process, and I'm not even sure if there are other forums where people might post these sorts of things. :| )

Edited to say: Well, things may actually end up working out. One of the Mercs has offered me floor space, so we've just got to take care of meeting up with them to drive in (20 hr drive from Colorado but worth it I think). Here's hoping that part works out. Also, my parents are going to try to make it for the last two days if they can find a cheap hotel (since the big thing for them was the cost of the hotel for 5 people) so transferring their tickets is on hold for now. Though we may still have my brother's to transfer since he may be busy with flight stuff around that time.

Last edited by Barghest1031 on Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 09, 2011 9:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW

You might try the D*C forums or livejournal, Barghest.

I'm hoping I'll be able to go for the first time this year, but that's contingent upon my employment status.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:33 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the links. I'll definitely give those a shot.

Tue May 10, 2011 1:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Moderator

I'm so sorry to hear you won't be able to go after all. If I hear of anyone looking for tickets I will send them your way.

Tue May 10, 2011 2:22 am
Profile WWW

Updated my original post just so if anybody is scrolling down reading stuff they wouldn't be confused, but things may end up working out that I can still go. Was offered floor space by one of the Mercs so I'm just trying to work out meeting up with them to drive in (well, that and what I'm doing after wards but that's not really relevant to getting out there). Ticket transfer needs have been put on hold for a bit since, after talking with my parents, they're looking at still trying to go even if it's just for the Sunday and Monday of the con since they do want to go it was just the cost of the hotel room we had for all 5 of us that was too much with their current bills. Hopefully gas prices won't get outrageous by then. I'm not sure if my brother's ticket will still need to be transferred though as I'm not sure what he's doing given that he may have important flight stuff around that time. I'll keep everybody updated.

Wed May 11, 2011 11:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next