View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Celebration Europe II 

Unread post Celebration Europe II
Any Twi'leks going to CE II?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Unread post Re: Celebration Europe II
I would love to!!! But unfortunately, tickets from south Texas were just too expensive!!! I had the best time last year at Celebration, I went through withdrawals when it was over.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 am

I do!
I'll be there all three days. Twi'lekking on Saturday only, though. Friday is Mara Jade time and on Sunday I'm going to accompany my husband's Jack Sparrow :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm

I am going to CEII, and I'm super exited! This will be my first time twi'lek costuming and visiting a con or a Celebration. Mixing the two of them together must make it even better, right? :)

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:53 am

Are you going to be a Twi'lek all three days?

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:24 pm

I will be my Twi'lek Jedi all three days :D

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Pictures please!!!

:D

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Would love to see pictures and reports from those that went!!!

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:52 am

Well, in my opinion it was a nice event. I met so many new faces, I had the chance to speak English all weekend (I even ordered my food in English although I'm German!) and I saw so many adorable and amazing costumes. But... - yes, there is a but - I expected more from a Celebration. I can't put it into words - CE just wasn't what I had expected, what I had been looking forward to for a year.
First of all, I really didn't like the autograph hall... It was pretty uncomfortable, loud and it just didn't look very inviting. There were kind of stalls for each guest - so they didn't have the chance to make jokes with each other - and I always enjoy this at other, smaller conventions. I've never even had the chance to spot Mark, Carrie, Anthony or Ian because they were kinda locked away in their stalls.
I took part in the 70€-photo-opportunity with Ian and I was really disappointed with offical pix. In-Picture-Out. And that's the way my picture looks. I've got an awful expression on my face.
Floorplans and direction signs... so they did exist, people keep telling me. The floorplans really sucked. Try to find your panel on time - no chance. On Sunday for the closing ceremony I finally knew which stage was which AND how to get there. Great.

The panels were nice, though. I really enjoyed Ian and Mark, and Warwick was a brilliant host. Carrie wasn't so nice, so we actually left early. Unfortunately I didn't make it to any other panels because I missed the time, couldn't find the stage or was being busy with the 501st.
People took tons of pictures with me as Mara or me as Twi'lek and all those fan-built sets were just gorgeous.

You can find lots of pictures here. They're not mine but some are quite nice.
http://www.gamona.de/games/star-wars,nerdgasm-mark-hamill-carrie-fisher-und-jede-menge-droiden:pictureshow,2304053,screenshot-2304850.html pic 137 is me!
https://www.facebook.com/patricbebie/media_set?set=a.10201034119606561.1073741843.1574756236&type=3 I don't know if this works, I think it's a public album by a 501st photographer Patric Bebie from Switzerland

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:37 pm

I had an amazing time as well, but..... yes there is a but :D You are absolutely right. I felt the same about the autograph hall and directions to find anything were just not there. But overall we had a blast, met a lot of new people, united with friends at the Rebel Legion booth and there were tons and tons of pictures taken...
In both picture-links you posted I have found myself :D First link nr 52,53 and 149 and on facebook also a couple of times :D Fun!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]