View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Celebration VII Photoshoot 

Unread post Celebration VII Photoshoot
Hey lovely ladies and lads,

I'm planning on going to Celebration VII in my new Ayy Vida costume and would really love to get a photoshoot with any twi'leks that might be there! Does anyone know a good time and place to do that?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:19 am

Unread post Re: Celebration VII Photoshoot
Probably won't hear anything until after the Rebel Legion and 501st set their dates/times. I've got my fingers crossed for anytime on Friday, as I currently have a different costume planned for Saturday. I am used to having several costume changes per day, but with body paint, it changes everything!

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Any word on this yet . for planning and what not

Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:37 pm

Any updates on this ASAP would be fabulous, so I can figure out which twi'lek to sport on which days. I would LOVE a photoshoot since there was one last Celebration and I couldn't be part of it!

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:29 pm
Site Admin

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been active on the forum in a while. I swore myself off all of the forums while I dealt with some real life stuff, and once the time had passed I found it surprisingly difficult to make myself start posting again. (If only it was that easy to swear myself off chocolate... )

Anyway! In previous years Mary Franklin sent out group emails in which we all coordinated photoshoot times and locations with her. Since she has left LFL we didn't get the mail string of doom this time, so each group is just doing their own thing. It's always difficult to plan group pictures when we don't know the panel schedule yet, though I suppose if we plan for a certain time/day and then find out that a major panel has been scheduled for the same time, we can always make new plans. I guess at this point the easiest thing might be to see what works best for the most people. No matter which day/time we decide on, somebody won't be able to make it. That's just one of those facts of life when you've got a lot of things going on. But, we can try our best and keep our fingers crossed!

Here's what I know so far:

Thursday:

Friday:
Rebel Legion Photo (8:00ish) By the fountain in front of the convention center.
All Costumers/All Clubs Photo (9:00) By the fountain
Troopathon (10:30)

Saturday:
501st Photo (2:00) Location not yet determined (most likely the fountain, or the stairs on the roof)

Sunday:

Which days/times would be best for you, and where would you prefer to meet?

Late morning or early afternoon are the best times for Twi'lek photos. If you plan too early, folks will miss out because they're still holed up in their hotel room applying body paint. If you plan too late, they've gotten tired of having their ears squished and gone back to the hotel to change into something else, or they've gone to get ready for the evening's festivities.

The fountain in front of the convention center is the popular spot for taking photos in Anaheim. It's a pretty area. I've had a bit of trouble with squinting issues because of the sunlight on all that concrete and glass... but I ALWAYS have squinting issues so that's nothing new, and if there are a lot of people around it isn't quite so bad. That does tend to be a problem though... it's a popular area, so a lot of people hang out there and it takes a bit of work to clear out a large enough area for group photos. The stairs by the fountain do work well for group photos, and people tend to be pretty understanding when a group is trying to get together for a photo. The people sitting/standing around usually go into photographer mode.

Another option is the fountain in front of the arena. It's just down the walkway a bit. The upside is that I don't think there are as many people who would be in the way there. But, when the idea behind a group photo is to give more people a chance to take pictures, I guess it would be rather backwards to go hide from more people! There are also fewer raised areas there, so we couldn't space people out on stairs.

There really isn't a good place to take pictures inside. There aren't any wide staircases or open areas to gather for pictures without blocking up traffic. We could perhaps stand in a group and have somebody up on the stair landing take a photo looking down at the group, but those photos rarely look good and the passersby trying to take pictures would just get a blob o' Twi'leks instead of a nice group shot. It could be fun to take photos on one of the staircases, with a group of Twi'leks on each landing of the spiral, though I imagine security would have issue with that and I'd rather not get in trouble.

Pam :-)

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:57 pm

I would think where the front entrance is maybe where the celebration sign will be in the back ground . I vote Saturday as that will be one of my days I am dressing up but i can always change that :) would love to hear every ones thoughs as well

Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:39 pm

I agree that the fountain by the entrance would probably be best. It would allow others to see us and (hopefully) have enough space. Any day is fine with me since I plan to dress up 3-4 of the days of the convention. But if Saturday works for everyone, that's fine by me! :D

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Are we still doing a photo shoot? I'm just curious since there seems to be nobody posting about this?

I was hoping we could all get together for that!!!

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:34 am

I'm only planning on dressing up Friday at this point! And I'll be wearing this, (though I've made some improvements so it's hopefully not so crappy looking)! I'm going to try to get pictures with as many twi'leks as possible, so if you see me, ask!

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:10 am

Anyone interested in meeting at maybe 10am and doing a group shot . I know people want to do this so let's organize something Maryann ( Ayala secura Las Vegas )

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next