View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Tabby's Rocking Self 
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Tabby's Rocking Self
A great response to that question is to smile sweetly - but not in a fake way - and say, "No, I'm not - are you?" as if discussing the weather, and let them mull that one over.

It's always an inappropriate question coming from a stranger who isn't a small child, regardless of the motivation for asking. Responding in a mannerly way reminds people of this.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:07 am
Profile WWW

I hate that question too. People should never ask that if they don't know for certain...meaning if the woman doesnt say "Im pregnant." It's sooo rude. I used to get that question everyday when I had fibroids and it was mostly from other women. You'd think women would know better. Dont let it get you down. Lose the weight at your own pace and on your terms. You're doing awesome!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Wow. It's been awhile since I've been here :P. Wow! Well, nothing has really changed, which is incredible frustrating to me. I have to admit, I don't always follow the program of watching what I eat and all that, but I honestly don't find that it really helps. All it really ends up doing is making me want junk :P . So now I've kinda given up on wanting to lose weight (and having a young man for 3 weeks even at my weight helped a little bit :) ) and now I'm just focusing on being healthy.

My mom started reading this book from the 50's called Folk medicine (or something like that. It's way early and I'm not going to go find it right now) and one thing the doctor is big on is Apple Cider Vinager, saying that it can help get your body back to healthy by getting it more acid (or something). Anyway, it's a small thing that I can do and am willing to do. And as I was sick on Sunday, drank the stuff on Monday, and was almost completely better on Tuesday (almost), I'm not totally against the idea.

I still am doing karate. It's got easier to move around and do the poses required (which is good because the poses are getting wilder :) ). I've gone from a white belt to a blue belt in 6 months, which is awesome. It should take at least a year to do that. And I'm up for promotion to a green belt on Saturday! YAY :) . It might not actually be helping me lose weight, but I do feel much better about myself, though I still have issues I need to work through. And I have something to work toward everyday.

I got a job the last week of July, working as an aide at a charter school. It looks like I might be leaving the job soon, which will be sad, but just how things work out. If you guys can keep me in your thoughts/prayers about the whole job thing, I would really appreciate it. I finally did a Twi'lek and I'm hooked :) . if we didn't have promotions this weekend, I'd be out trooping this weekend as a Twi'lek :) . Still need to get the lekku up to snuff, though.

Miss you guys!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 am
Site Moderator

It sounds like things are looking up for sure!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:30 pm
Profile WWW

I hope so, Nara. It would help alot if I stopped thinking so hard! I do still have a job, which is good. If I still have it after Christmas depends on how things go. Right now that is like completely occupied my mind. So much it hurts! Not even ice cream made it better. :(

Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:08 am

That is an AWESOME gift...

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7