View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Body by Kulukan! 
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Body by Kulukan!
Kulu, where do martial arts fall on the exercise scale? My doctors (well, three of them anyway) say that what I do (kung fu) is both cardio and strength training, but how do I count it? Like if I'm doing an average of 7 hours of kung fu per week, is it the equivalent of 5 hours of cardio and 2 of strength training? or is it 7 hours of cardio and 7 hours of strength training? (Assuming my heart rate is elevated for the duration of the workout, for example.) I know it doesn't count for double the burning of calories but that's not how I'm measuring. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to add more for strength and flexibility.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:01 pm
Profile WWW

@ Nara

when in doubt I would err on the side of weight training. If you over estimate by guessing too much cardio then you might be disappointed with your results. Its really hard to tell without knowing what your heart rate is for the majority of the class. You could also count it as circuit training (you can look up online the average amount of calories burnt doing circuit training)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 am

Aw, I no want weight loss, only erase this little bump on my stomach >.<
what can I do?

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2