View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Cherissa's self - a work in progress 
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Cherissa's self - a work in progress
And back to 174, down a pound and change. Stay on target.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

174, no change, and unhappy but realistic news from my amazing doctor: "I will probably never, ever, EVER approve you for returning to rock climbing. You dislocated too many things for me to ever think that would be a good idea".

Well, she's right. I don't like it, but she's right, and I have recovered as much as I have by actually heeding the advice these well-educated people give me. Soooo...

She suggested maybe I'd like kayaking so I'm thinking about it. Anyone ever do that? How is it?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Kayaking is awesome! (And it's easy on the joints, unless you decide to hit white water and get yourself dumped in the rapids. Slow rivers or lake kayaking, though... very fun.)

Pam :-)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 pm

I have never kayaked but I have been getting in to atv/quad riding. It's a heck of a workout because you use all your muscles for steering, fast turns, and jumping and such. Since I'm getting up into third gear now and going faster and taking jumps, I have been feeling the burn. Only problem is you need a track to ride and the one we goto is 3 hours away so we dont go often. I don't know that it's good for joints though. I enjoy canoeing though similar to kayaking. What about bike riding, like mountain bike?

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:25 am
Profile WWW

I have students who swear by kayaking, but I've never done it. sucks about the rock climbing, but it's far more important to keep yourself in good working order, right? good luck with everything.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:03 am

I've never kayaked but it looks like fun. I'd try it at least once if I werent so scared of the water.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 pm
Site Moderator

172.5, down 1.5.

It's amazing what a little regular activity does for me. Now that the pool is ready to use, I've been in it about an hour a day, every day. I hope to return to the treadmill soon, too. I really miss my 'me' time. Pool time is fun, but shared with (usually) a minimum of 4 other people.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator

172.3, down .2 - hey, I'll take it, I dined like a king all week and hardly got to go swimming due to weather. Silly Mother Nature, don't you know it's time for sun and not thunderstorms?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:47 pm
Profile WWW

sheesh, wish you could send some of those thunderstorms down here! And any loss done well is a good one, even if it's small.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:58 pm
Site Moderator

Ah, I totally forgot to weigh this morning. I'll post tomorrow.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next