View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Tabby's Rocking Self 

Unread post Re: Tabby's Rocking Self
That's great! keep up the hard work and you'll see it pay off. but remember, that eventually the number on the scale may not change because you're reshaping yourself in different ways. Congrats on all the breakthroughs. They are all wonderful achievements.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:41 pm

I need some prayer right now. I'm really really stressed out due to problems on a different online forum and I don't really have anyone to talk to about them, and I've been doing a lot of traveling and not been home much and I'm just really stressed. There's also some issues with forgiveness in my life and not getting things cleared up.

I also haven't been eating well and just finished my period. Could you guys please pray for me?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:58 pm
Site Admin

I'm not a religous person, so prayers wouldn't mean much coming from me... but I can offer up a great big virtual hug.

::hug::

Take care, and best wishes.

Pam :-)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm
Site Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you're stressin', that's never good for body or soul. Buuuuut, as for the stress coming from another online forum, allow me to offer a little perspective:

http://xkcd.com/386/ (Safe for work.)

I know the feelings are real, but ultimately, we have a choice as to HOW we respond, if at all, to other people. On the internet, the most effective solution we can offer to cage-rattlers, drama-llamas and trolls is by using our command of silence. Remember, these are people who make their fun only at the cost of someone else's, and chances are that they need Garanimals to acquire any fashion sense. You are better than them, and there is no shame in allowing yourself to behave better than them.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Oops, shoulda posted sooner :P . I've been really lax about looking at my weight and the one time I did check, it was up :P .

But with all the karate I've been doing (at least three nights a week for at least an hour, sometimes two), I'm starting to tone up and people are saying that I'm looking good. So that's good. I just don't like when they ask if I'm losing weight, because my karate pants are actually getting tighter around the thighs (have I ever mentioned that I hate my thighs? That's one reason I wear skirts ALL the time).

And then I've been sick all week :P . And my mom and I have come on what we think will actually help me. I like breads and I'm actually addicted to them and I'm insulin resistant (not clinically diagnosed), so if I stop eating breads and adopt a low-carb diet. YAY :) . I love veggies and meats and fruits and beans and all that good stuff. But now I just have to get over the bread thing :P .

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:41 am

Weigh in on 3/25/11 - 240.0 YAY!

Previous weigh in- 240.0.

Well, I'm either maintaining, or I have gained and lost since my last weigh in.

I'm very proud of myself, though. Last night I was very emotional (upset, crying etc) and I didn't eat ANYTHING. I don't usually, but if I let it last long enough, I will start eating. But this time, I wrote a letter to my accountability partner and talked to my mom, so I woke up this morning happy, not stressed, and with no desire to eat only sugar or bread! It's progress!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:15 pm

awesome way to build that support system so you don't have to turn to food. I know when I start emotionally eating, I always feel bad and guilty the next morning.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:58 am

I weighed the other day because people kept telling me "you look like you've lost weight" and I just don't believe people when they say that because usually I have actually gained weight around the hips or just toned around the middle, but not really lost weight.

But I weighed in at . . . . 238! YAY! Lowest number for the year! And I'm slowly learning how to keep losing and keep it off.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:15 pm
Site Moderator

Congrats! That's excellent!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:24 pm
Profile WWW

congrats! That is a wonderful achievement! (though I know how you feel about not trusting others when they say you've lost weight.)

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next