View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Tabby's Rocking Self 

Unread post Re: Tabby's Rocking Self
Good job, keep it up! It may seem like a little but it's so much work it's actually alot! Why is it easier to gain weight than to lose! :*(

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:49 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Kyttee wrote:
Good job, keep it up! It may seem like a little but it's so much work it's actually alot! Why is it easier to gain weight than to lose! :*(

I know! I have no clue why it's so easy to gain! It would be awesome if it was just as easy to lose as it is to gain. That would be so awesome!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 pm
Site Moderator

padme9055 wrote:
Darth Kyttee wrote:

I know! I have no clue why it's so easy to gain! It would be awesome if it was just as easy to lose as it is to gain. That would be so awesome!

It is.

It's simple math. The same amount of calories is equal to losing or gaining one pound. It does not change, and the math is not going to lie or change its mind. But we don't gain it overnight, so we cannot reasonably hope to lose it overnight either.

And if you are trying to gain weight then it is every bit as much a struggle.

That it is easier to do the opposite of what we are more comfortable doing is one of the lies we tell ourselves so that we do not have to succeed. :(

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:23 am
Profile WWW

yup, that math doesn't lie. Only we can lie to ourselves, which can cause some psychological discrepancies, especially when we start looking at numbers.

I <3 Math. Math is beautiful because it doesn't lie.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Hehe :) .

Weighed in today: 238.6 lbs. So it's up a tiny bit from last weigh in, but that might still be related to the time of the month :) . But I'm happy to still be under 240!

Mon May 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Isn't it such a nice feeling to have reached a goal! Don't worry too much about minor fluctuations, just stay focused!

Mon May 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Bleh. Time of the month weight, the worst! Stay on target! :)

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Thu May 12, 2011 11:36 pm
Profile WWW

Had karate tournament today and it was AWESOME! The new people in our dojo doing tournament for the first time all took home at least 1 medal (if not two) and had a great time. My sisters, both of whom have joined, took home medals in sparring, which is great because in their divisions you have to EARN sparring medals. I'm SO proud of them :) .

AND I took home 3rd place in Kata!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I also had 5th in Weapons (no medal) and 3rd in Sparring. I did MUCH better in sparring this time. Last tournament I was almost a punching bag who ran, where this time I actually tried to be aggressive. Still need to work on that, but I was much better this time :) . My goal for next tournament is to take at least 2nd in sparring. Usually there are only 3 women in the adult female sparring, so we are just fighting for position, so next time I'm going to fight for second place. That is my goal. And maybe take home some silvers in Kata and Weapons too :) .

So happy with tournament and really looking forward to September and next tournament :) .

Last edited by padme9055 on Sun May 15, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 15, 2011 12:27 am
Site Moderator

Wow, what an amazing day for you! So many accomplishments!

Sun May 15, 2011 3:15 am
Profile WWW

So I have decided I have to lose the weight, especially around my middle :P . In the past month 2 separate folks (both over the age of 50) have asked me if I was pregnant. I hate, hate, HATE that question. What makes it worse to me is that older folks have been asking me that since I was 16 and now I'm 21 :P . Or if not lose the weight, at least disguise/cover it up so I DON'T look pregnant.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next