View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jaclyn's weight loss and health gain adventure 

Unread post Re: Jaclyn's weight loss and health gain adventure
This is awesome Jaclyn! Not only did you meet your goal of 175, you got below it. I hope you have fun at Mardi Gras and I cant wait to see your Mardi Gras twilek.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:26 pm

Well, Mardi Gras killed me. I was working so hard to get costumes finished (I did... sort of and have been meaning to take pics, but I've been... distracted) and going to parades and stuff with the little man, that I totally blew my diet and exercise was non-existent (aside from holding a 40+ pound child up to floats during parades). However, with Lent starting on Wednesday I was hoping to see some sort of jump start to my weight loss. I make it a habit after the decadence of Carnival, to give up something for the Lenten season. This year I'm giving up meat. I'm trying to see how easy it is to switch to a vegetarian diet, especially living with an honest to goodness self-described carnivore.

I know I wasn't drinking enough water (and a little too much of other things) over the holiday, so that likely played a role in my gaining weight.
Current weight is 177.8 (*cries*). and I can't even claim that I'm gaining muscle because now my size 12's are starting to get a little tight, when I was just starting to get into my 10s a week ago.

Oh well, junk food is getting tossed and I'm off to exercise a bit.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:11 pm
Site Moderator

Yeah, but you know you can do it - and a 3ish pound weight gain for that time period isn't too bad. Most people gain more than 5 during a holiday week.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

posting this now, since the weekend will likely be busy and I'll forget.
current weight (according to my scale that I think might be having "issues"): 173.4
likely due to the stress that I have right now about the regional tournament my robotics team is participating in this weekend.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:48 am

Current weight: 172.4!
I've been trying to do much better this week. Portion sizes have been fairly small and I've managed to avoid meat (all but once, because technically Sundays don't count in Lent) since Mardi Gras. I brought my lunch with me to the tournament so I didn't have to eat awful convention center food all weekend. It was such a high energy weekend that I didn't feel hungry much at all and I think that's carried over to this week so far. Lots of fruits on my plate lately too, so that's good. game night tomorrow, so I'll have to be careful. Big problem with all the guys coming over to play is the diets they bring with them!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:29 pm
Site Moderator

Woo hoo! Go you!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:04 pm
Profile WWW

current weight: 174.0
Up a little from last week, but not too bad considering we didn't go grocery shopping at ALL last week so all I really had to eat was white bread, toast and jam and pizza. The most depressing thing, however, is my progress on going vegetarian. We went to an event on Saturday that was catered by several really posh restaurants from the area, but all of them were serving meat dishes. It was all very very delicious, but it made me feel very very guilty. And then yesterday, my hubby wanted to go out because we still hadn't gone to the store (we went yesterday so I'm back on track now) and they also didn't have any vegetarian options. So I caved and ate a huge burger with bleu cheese and helped my hubby polish off a plate of "bufflo cheese fries". It sure tasted good, but man, I know all the fat was horrible for me to eat. Game night tonight, but I'm going to be a super good girl!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:28 pm

current weight 174.8
I was trying to fast this week and had no energy at all, so I couldn't even think about exercising. And due to the very limited caloric intake, I feel like my metabolism was starting to shift (because I wasn't fasting correctly and still eating crap when I did eat). I still feel pretty brain dead and have had some severe cravings and sugar swings. Nor does it help when the hubby brings home donuts for breakfast one day...

Anyway, I'm probably not making much sense but I'm quitting my fast since it had such a bad affect on me. I am however, doing much better with my vegetarianism. I think I finally got the hubby to get on board with at least me going meatless. He'll even join me every so often. Still not getting enough protein though.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:39 pm
Site Moderator

Remember that eggs and beans/rice or beans/corn are amazing protein sources. Eggs are NOT a source of 'bad' cholesterol! The studies done were flawed because they used a powdered egg (for the sake of portion control) and part of the preservatives contained the cholesterol.

Lowfat and nonfat cheeses like mozzarella and cheddar are also good.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:14 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the reminder. I've been doing better this week. It was just difficult the first couple of weeks to make sure I got enough in. I've been trying to eat more whole foods as well, with varying amounts of success. The hubby's a self-proclaimed carnivore and has been having a difficult time while I've been experimenting, seeing as he does most of the cooking.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next