View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jaclyn's weight loss and health gain adventure 

Unread post Re: Jaclyn's weight loss and health gain adventure
Sounds like you are doing good! Vegetarianism, eek! I always wanted to try that but I like bbq pulled pork too much!

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:39 pm
Profile WWW

trust me, it's been a trial. Living in the New Orleans area makes it incrediablly difficult! There is SO much good seafood and meat available. As it is, once Lent is over, I'll add some meat back to the diet, but mostly for when we go out and the vegetarian menu is limited to salads or something like that. Or when my dad brings home and boils crabs... ummm... crabs... But I still plan to eating a mostly plant based diet, especially when traveling or going to cons and stuff.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:24 pm

current weight: 171.6
YAY! :lol:

eating smaller meals helps! And I'm trying to get back to drinking enough water.
We'll see how things work out with the upcoming Game Night and Birthday Party this weekend. I'm hoping that we aren't stuck with a ton of leftover cake...

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:57 pm
Site Moderator

YAY!

And if you are, then throw it out. I know we were all reared with "Children in Africa are STARVING, you should eat!" but that did not actually keep those poor kids from starving. Or as soon as the cake thing is done, parcel it up on paper plates and hand a wrapped platter of cake to everyone as they leave. See what I did there? :P

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

*thumbs up* That is an AWESOME idea. Thanks!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:07 pm

It has been quite the roller coaster since the birthday party. I officially hate holidays where we get swamped with tons of sweets. Weight has been up, down and sideways recently. Long routine destroying school breaks don't help either.

However, I started going to the gym again. I've only been riding the recumbant stationary bikes so far (so I can read since I can't find my headphones), but the last time I weighed myself on the scale in the locker room, I was 171 (point something, that I don't remember, 2 I think?). I think I'll be using the gym's scale from now on. It's probably better calibrated than my home one (which said 179 last night).

Unfortunately, the hubby will be going out of town this week for training and I hate to cook, AND he got me playing a new MMO. So my discipline will be called into question this week.

Mon May 02, 2011 4:40 pm
Site Moderator

New MMO? Is it, by chance, Rift?

Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 pm
Profile WWW

nah, It's Forsaken World. We're reluctant to go to pay to play games right now, at least until TOR comes out. ;)

Tue May 03, 2011 3:13 pm

So, my scale read 172.8 this morning. don't know if I trust it, but at least the numbers have been moving downward again. I have been getting too little sleep, which saps any desire I have to go work out. Not that there was much there to begin with. Hubby's back in town, so we're going to go to the gym this afternoon. eating too much processed stuff too, and it's not good.

I think I need a new scale or to calibrate the one I have somehow.

Fri May 06, 2011 1:16 pm

I hear ya about the fluctuations, things just keep coming up and I cant seem to get a routine going. But as long as the numbers are going down!

Learn Huttese & Other Star Wars Languages!
http://www.completewermosguide.com
Goopta mo bossa!

Thu May 12, 2011 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next