View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Why not...Scott's weight loss 
Site Admin

Unread post Why not...Scott's weight loss
AKA: Pam's threatening violence already....

Started off with a weigh in on 12/27 at 240 and some change.

On the 27th, I began a new workout routine. Received a WII and EA Active for the WII for Christmas and began the 30 day challenge on medium intensity. This is working for me quite well as it's a "game" sorta, and it handles encouraging along the way. (Interestingly, for a game, it is not afraid to tell you "You're just not really very good at this are you?)

Did a weigh in last night, after one week of the routine, and rang in at 238 even.

Moving forward, my game plan revolves around continuing with the EA Active thing, and once I'm a little bit more in shape adding in a weights routine. I've changed up my diet, cutting back drastically on sodas and fast food, so I'm anticipating seeing continued progress.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Unread post Re: Why not...Scott's weight loss
Go Scott! *wonders if threatening violence would work with her husband*

I'm also playing a game for cardio, though I'm stuck with Dance Dance Revolution since we have neither a Wii or a Kinect.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:39 pm
Site Admin

I think you misunderstand why Pam's threatening the violence... :-)

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Bah, too late Sir, you have already put the idea into my head. :lol:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 am

GFC DDR is a great workout to lose weight 2 hrs of playing heavy songs will really make you lose the extra, i use to play a heap of DDr (bit of a pro at it) when i was working closer to an arcade.

That and the arcade was above the bar i use to drink at XD

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:42 am

I also think DDR is a great workout. I was never any good at it but I still worked up a sweat. It's fun too so you tend to keep at it even when you're tired.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:14 am

Oh sorry to double post but I also meant to add that the EA Active sounds helpful. My husband has a WII and we never use it so I was thinking about getting some workout games for it so we'll definitely be looking into this one. Right now I'm doing Dance Central, Fighters Uncaged and The Biggest Loser on Kinect and it's helping me work up a sweat so far.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:20 am

I'm enjoying the DDR workout a lot. It wears me out by the end of a half hour even on basic right now because i'm in such bad cardiovascular health, but every step is a good one, right? I just wish we had more variety in fitness game choices. the EA game sounds really good.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:48 am
Site Moderator

Grats for the weight loss! And yeah, I remember DDR also wasn't shy about stuff like "We're gonna tell your kids that you're trying to play their game" when you totally sucked.

You will find it easier, regardless of age, to tone up and lose weight due to your gender - though some weeks it may not seem that way. My husband does a half hour or so every morning of what USED to be WiiFit stepping exercises. Now he just grabs the step and puts on a half hour show to watch. He's gone down nearly 5 lbs. since Christmas. (He and I also eat only raw veggies for lunch, though. Protein is at breakfast and dinner, with as much raw fresh fruit and veggies as we like in between.)

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Well, as Pam mentioned, the past week didn't leave our house a good environment for working out or eating sensibly. But, I had the advantage in that I had to work, so I wasn't constantly surrounded by the naughty but oh so tasty food.

Consequently, after last nights weigh in, I'm at 237.2

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next