View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Why not...Scott's weight loss 
Site Moderator

Unread post Re: Why not...Scott's weight loss
Very nice!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Progress, none. Gain, none.

Stayed dead even this week, and acquired some more equipment to step up the Wii-orkout some more. (Difference between EA Sports Active and EA Sports Active 2...night and day.)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:47 pm
Site Moderator

Scottrooper wrote:
(Difference between EA Sports Active and EA Sports Active 2...night and day.)

Oh yeah. One is more like a party game. The other is like an actual workout program.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Well, no... they're both workout programs. 2 just does away with the use of the nunchuck and for a lot of the exercises the wii mote too. Allows for teh use of hand weights, and different tensioned toning bands. And most importantly, it's more responsive and adaptive to where your strengths and weaknesses are. (Though the trainer guy gets confused when you out run him. Trainer during a running exercise: "Come on, try harder to keep up with me." Me: "Screw you trainer dude, I'm a quarter lap ahead of you." Pam from other room: "LOL"

Wii Fit, which I have coming today on the other hand, is more a party game, but is currently pretty much the only way to get the balance board thingy to add on to the EA Active stuff to help more with the ground based stuff that Active 2 adds in.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:40 pm
Site Moderator

I wonder if I'm thinking of the Wii-Fit games instead, yeah. (We have so many consoles and games that after a while it all blurs together in my head.)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Listening to the Wii workout last night was fun.... the comments drifting down the hallway had me giggling.

"What?! You've got to be kidding! This thing is evil!"

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 pm
Site Admin

Heh, Wii Fit arrived last night, definately not a true work out game. But decent for some light stetching type stuff.

But...while the EA Active games might be physically cruel (ie. they do encourage you to push your limits), Wii Fit is just...mean. Get on the balance board and you hear a worried sounding "Oh" Don't get perfectly centered during the body testing thing? "Do you often trip on cracks while walking?"

Some of tthe games are laughable, some I can actually see a use for beyond a work out. (There's a parade marching thing that was actually pretty good for remembering how to march in cadence, the segway game did feel a lot like riding a real segway.)

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:35 pm
Site Admin

Looks like I was slacking a bit on recording and reporting.

I'd popped back up to 240, though I'm assuming at this point that it was more about putting on muscle than failing to burn fat.

Have now dropped back to 236.5

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2